Al Hendrickson Toyota - $1,000 IN FRAUD. TOTAL INCOMPETENCE.
I custom ordered my 2013 Toyota Matrix (L) from Al Hendrickson Toyota on 02/11/2013. Gerald Howard (the Fleet Manager) processed the order. The 2013 Toyota Matrix is advertised as available in (2) bumper styles according to the website and catalog. L or S. I specifically chose the (L) bumper style. I brought in pictures to make it clear to Gerald Howard what I was ordering exactly. I made a $1,000 deposit.
The car arrived in March with the incorrect (S) front and rear bumpers. Gerald Howard told me that's how it comes, and made no attempt to correct the situation - Customer service failure. At the front desk, I requested to speak with someone that would correct the situation. Erik Coxwell (the internet sales manager) took charge of the situation. His plan was to order the correct front and rear bumpers and have them swapped out for the incorrect bumpers. Sounded good. Here's a timeline of events.
3/19 - Erik Coxwell said Will get bumpers corrected. Switched and Painted.
3/22 - Erik Coxwell said Waiting for quote from body shop
3/26 - Erik Coxwell said Waiting for quote from body shop Thursday (Amber)
3/29 - Erik Coxwell said Call back at 2pm - ordered parts. needs approval on arrival
4/5 - Called: Erik Coxwell said parts not in yet
4/9 - on backorder
4/16 - Call 1pm for update. Erik Coxwell said Some parts still not in.
4/26 - Called
4/30 - Erik Coxwell said Call back at 2. Waiting for Rear bumper.
5/18 - Call 10am
5/23 - Erik Coxwell said Come monday 5/23 12:30
5/28 - CAR WAS SOLD! reorder next week????
Unbelievable. The losers at Al Hendrickson Toyota sold the car that I custom ordered and made a deposit on. Completely unacceptable. It's downright disrespectful especially since I have been beyond patient. I regret not yelling and screaming. Consider this review my retribution for now.
Apparently the vehicle does not come equipped as advertised, so it's a confusing situation on the Manufacturing side. But it's no excuse for failed customer service and negligence on the dealer side.
Maybe someone there can handle the situation properly.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Custom Ordered Car
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "This is a cautionary tale and one that anyone seeking to buy a used vehicle from Big Motoring World should take note of and give due consideration to.Having attempted to..."
- "Bob promises you the "Nicest Restored TDI on the planet!" from this hokey shop in Bellingham staffed by kids and amateurs. Six months after the initial payment for a..."
- "I purchased an Apex TT. Before I even picked up the trailer the dealership had to replace the overhead awning because it was broken. I've been on 2 local trips...."
- "Purchased the Olivia doll house twin over full on December 7th mid day and went next door to Denver mattress and purchased mattresses and accessories needed to go with it...."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."
- "If you are considering buying a home warranty policy from AHS, you really need to have an attorney review the contract. What YOU think it says in black and white,..."