Al Hendrickson Toyota - $1,000 IN FRAUD. TOTAL INCOMPETENCE.
I custom ordered my 2013 Toyota Matrix (L) from Al Hendrickson Toyota on 02/11/2013. Gerald Howard (the Fleet Manager) processed the order. The 2013 Toyota Matrix is advertised as available in (2) bumper styles according to the website and catalog. L or S. I specifically chose the (L) bumper style. I brought in pictures to make it clear to Gerald Howard what I was ordering exactly. I made a $1,000 deposit.
The car arrived in March with the incorrect (S) front and rear bumpers. Gerald Howard told me that's how it comes, and made no attempt to correct the situation - Customer service failure. At the front desk, I requested to speak with someone that would correct the situation. Erik Coxwell (the internet sales manager) took charge of the situation. His plan was to order the correct front and rear bumpers and have them swapped out for the incorrect bumpers. Sounded good. Here's a timeline of events.
3/19 - Erik Coxwell said Will get bumpers corrected. Switched and Painted.
3/22 - Erik Coxwell said Waiting for quote from body shop
3/26 - Erik Coxwell said Waiting for quote from body shop Thursday (Amber)
3/29 - Erik Coxwell said Call back at 2pm - ordered parts. needs approval on arrival
4/5 - Called: Erik Coxwell said parts not in yet
4/9 - on backorder
4/16 - Call 1pm for update. Erik Coxwell said Some parts still not in.
4/26 - Called
4/30 - Erik Coxwell said Call back at 2. Waiting for Rear bumper.
5/18 - Call 10am
5/23 - Erik Coxwell said Come monday 5/23 12:30
5/28 - CAR WAS SOLD! reorder next week????
Unbelievable. The losers at Al Hendrickson Toyota sold the car that I custom ordered and made a deposit on. Completely unacceptable. It's downright disrespectful especially since I have been beyond patient. I regret not yelling and screaming. Consider this review my retribution for now.
Apparently the vehicle does not come equipped as advertised, so it's a confusing situation on the Manufacturing side. But it's no excuse for failed customer service and negligence on the dealer side.
Maybe someone there can handle the situation properly.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Custom Ordered Car
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "First off, I am calling B.S. on many of these reviews that all seem to have been written by the same, uneducated, illiterate troll with an obvious agenda. The..."
- "There is so many things wrong with this fifth wheel bought New 2013, Heartland Silverado 37QB. just to name a few window's leak framework is terrible screws were not..."
- "My husband couldnt recall the accident being he was knocked unconcoius,he was sighted neg 2 police stated he fell asleep.I knew this was wrong I heard the snap.After sideswiping a..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."