Al Hendrickson Toyota - $1,000 IN FRAUD. TOTAL INCOMPETENCE.
I custom ordered my 2013 Toyota Matrix (L) from Al Hendrickson Toyota on 02/11/2013. Gerald Howard (the Fleet Manager) processed the order. The 2013 Toyota Matrix is advertised as available in (2) bumper styles according to the website and catalog. L or S. I specifically chose the (L) bumper style. I brought in pictures to make it clear to Gerald Howard what I was ordering exactly. I made a $1,000 deposit.
The car arrived in March with the incorrect (S) front and rear bumpers. Gerald Howard told me that's how it comes, and made no attempt to correct the situation - Customer service failure. At the front desk, I requested to speak with someone that would correct the situation. Erik Coxwell (the internet sales manager) took charge of the situation. His plan was to order the correct front and rear bumpers and have them swapped out for the incorrect bumpers. Sounded good. Here's a timeline of events.
3/19 - Erik Coxwell said Will get bumpers corrected. Switched and Painted.
3/22 - Erik Coxwell said Waiting for quote from body shop
3/26 - Erik Coxwell said Waiting for quote from body shop Thursday (Amber)
3/29 - Erik Coxwell said Call back at 2pm - ordered parts. needs approval on arrival
4/5 - Called: Erik Coxwell said parts not in yet
4/9 - on backorder
4/16 - Call 1pm for update. Erik Coxwell said Some parts still not in.
4/26 - Called
4/30 - Erik Coxwell said Call back at 2. Waiting for Rear bumper.
5/18 - Call 10am
5/23 - Erik Coxwell said Come monday 5/23 12:30
5/28 - CAR WAS SOLD! reorder next week????
Unbelievable. The losers at Al Hendrickson Toyota sold the car that I custom ordered and made a deposit on. Completely unacceptable. It's downright disrespectful especially since I have been beyond patient. I regret not yelling and screaming. Consider this review my retribution for now.
Apparently the vehicle does not come equipped as advertised, so it's a confusing situation on the Manufacturing side. But it's no excuse for failed customer service and negligence on the dealer side.
Maybe someone there can handle the situation properly.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Custom Ordered Car
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "First I must say that out dealer in Akron, General RV, has been considerate and helpful . As far as the Mirada by Coachman of Forest River Inc. goes, it..."
- "I have had several rvs this one was the most expensive one I paid over a quarter of a million dollars for this new and it is so cheaply made..."
- "My wife recently bought a 2011 BMW X5. After she signed the papers Stephen (the sale manager) informs her that the vehicle needs to be taken to the shop..."
- "Bought a brand new generator tested it and the engine ran fine unfortunately I didn't think to check power output. When the latest storms hit my area I found the..."
- "1st time i used levis u.k. Return policy is a trick to keep your money atlest show it on the shop so customer can be aware instead written small at..."
- "Bought a new trailer brand new from them and have nothing but issues from date purchased. The management is the worst. Manager told me leaks are not covered under warrantee..."