Al Hendrickson Toyota - $1,000 IN FRAUD. TOTAL INCOMPETENCE.
I custom ordered my 2013 Toyota Matrix (L) from Al Hendrickson Toyota on 02/11/2013. Gerald Howard (the Fleet Manager) processed the order. The 2013 Toyota Matrix is advertised as available in (2) bumper styles according to the website and catalog. L or S. I specifically chose the (L) bumper style. I brought in pictures to make it clear to Gerald Howard what I was ordering exactly. I made a $1,000 deposit.
The car arrived in March with the incorrect (S) front and rear bumpers. Gerald Howard told me that's how it comes, and made no attempt to correct the situation - Customer service failure. At the front desk, I requested to speak with someone that would correct the situation. Erik Coxwell (the internet sales manager) took charge of the situation. His plan was to order the correct front and rear bumpers and have them swapped out for the incorrect bumpers. Sounded good. Here's a timeline of events.
3/19 - Erik Coxwell said Will get bumpers corrected. Switched and Painted.
3/22 - Erik Coxwell said Waiting for quote from body shop
3/26 - Erik Coxwell said Waiting for quote from body shop Thursday (Amber)
3/29 - Erik Coxwell said Call back at 2pm - ordered parts. needs approval on arrival
4/5 - Called: Erik Coxwell said parts not in yet
4/9 - on backorder
4/16 - Call 1pm for update. Erik Coxwell said Some parts still not in.
4/26 - Called
4/30 - Erik Coxwell said Call back at 2. Waiting for Rear bumper.
5/18 - Call 10am
5/23 - Erik Coxwell said Come monday 5/23 12:30
5/28 - CAR WAS SOLD! reorder next week????
Unbelievable. The losers at Al Hendrickson Toyota sold the car that I custom ordered and made a deposit on. Completely unacceptable. It's downright disrespectful especially since I have been beyond patient. I regret not yelling and screaming. Consider this review my retribution for now.
Apparently the vehicle does not come equipped as advertised, so it's a confusing situation on the Manufacturing side. But it's no excuse for failed customer service and negligence on the dealer side.
Maybe someone there can handle the situation properly.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Custom Ordered Car
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I am from Las Vegas, NV. and bought a car from Siamak’s Car Company: I found a vehicle that I was seriously interested in at Siamak’s Car Company of 777..."
- "Nothing like the thrill of buying a new 2015 Coachman Mirada 35 LSF 1f66f5dy6foao4474, What a rotten experience we have been through' It all started with Collier RV in Rockford'..."
- "No gate. No ranger at entrance. No security. At the store I was asked to produce registration for my truck, registration for my camper, proof of insurance for truck, proof..."
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."
- "The flowers i got delivered to my fiance were pretty, BUT they were super small and in my eyes dont look anything compared to their picture. Delivery was on time..."