WARNING! -- AirBnb's Platform Has Been Hacked!

72 of 579 Airbnb reviews

Airbnb is in the middle of a security crisis they have been "hacked" from. Airbnb's "Trust and Safety Team", is swamped with listings that have been high-jacked. I am host and have had my listing hi-jacked by a scammer-hacker. This person has taken over my listing, changed my e-mail address on my account and Airbnb has done little to nothing to help me.

As a Host and from what I know. here's my advice, DO NOT make a booking with Airbnb, Do NOT HOST with Airbnb, they are not secure, nor able to handle the their fraud cases.

Knowing how the vacation rental and hotel platforms security works, I advise that a person should book with either Booking.com or Expedia and their partners. And yes, they have vacation rentals now in their platforms, mines in both of them. Their sites are secure as they use much more security in all their processes.

I am only stating this for everyone's benefit. I have no real stake in any of the companies listed above. I just have a vacation rental of my own.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
72 of 579 Airbnb reviews
jim

Nov 03, 2016 #1235707 Romford, Havering, United Kingdom

I have had the same issue with airbnb, my account was hacked and my listings too. my phone number and email address changed by the the hackers, airbnb still can not locate my account. Airbnb have done nothing to resolve the issue. terrible service

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.