Airbnb - Don't Stay Here - 548 Huron Street, Toronto, Canada.

4 of 578 Airbnb reviews

This room is overpriced, crapy student accommodation.It is predictably dirty and I had to dust & clean the room when I arrived.

Lazy children and an absent landlord run this house, stay at the Holiday Inn two blocks away for the same price and someone will make your bed everyday. The bathroom had not been cleaned at all - the bath mat had not been washed for God knows how long. As a result I washed all sheets & towels incase. Had to pay to do washing until 10 days into my stay my host asked me to let her know 'if' I needed to do laundry as the laundry price and toilet paper was apparently covered!

This after doing 5 loads of washing including all the sheets and towels in my room! Very annoyed. And the week before I left for a nearby hotel I still had to buy toilet paper? The kitchen is particularly dirty and no one should reasonably be expected to actually cook anything amongst the dirt.

The two fridges are particularly revolving; no cleaning or clearing out for more than two years, food was off and no one cared! Had to request an iron and the host had to not only go out and buy one but also buy an ironing board! When I complained about the price to my host she said the price reflected the demand for the room! That sounded suspect to me.

She said the room was normally $1110 per month in the off season - but I was there in the off-season and I had paid more than double this but she didn't seem to notice the contradiction? I studied Toronto's airbnb site for a long time and understand well what Toronto's prices are. I had to let price be my guide...

but was totally ripped off by trusting that by paying more I would get more - I was wrong.Let's all return to staying in hotels and reject the overpriced real estate and inexperienced hosts who are hustling & scamming Toronto's AirBNB real estate.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Airbnb Room Booking
Review category
Travel Agencies
review #1005298

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Airbnb? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4 of 578 Airbnb reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Airbnb.
Filing a new complaint about
×