Airbnb does not protect the consumer

98 of 579 Airbnb reviews

Early September I booked "Cozy apartment in the heart of Fremont" in Seattle, through Airbnb.Arrived for a late check-in, discovered the place was filthy.

Because of the late hour, I did not contact the host immediately. This was my first time using Airbnb, so was not aware of the requirement to contact them within 24 hours. It was a long weekend, so no other accommodations were available. I requested a refund, received $37 back from a $40 cleaning fee.

Future attempts to resolve through Airbnb result in loops in their website. No way to contact them directly. I will never use Airbnb again.

They (and their supposed attention to hosting requirements) cannot be trusted.I paid $500 for this unit and feel justified in asking for a full refund.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Airbnb unwilling to help resolve issues

Reason of review:
Product or service
Review category
Travel Agencies
review #928454

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Airbnb? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
98 of 579 Airbnb reviews

Oct 18, 2016 #1228536 Salem, Oregon, United States

Your complaint starts with 1st time using..I used AirB&B in Seattle for first time last summer. It is VERY clearly stated all R&R's. If you chose not to read..well? If you stayed entire weekend then you used services so why refund? You can't eat a hamburger & then ask for refund after because "I didn't like it". Silliness. They admitted their error in not having unit clean by refunding $$. You have the ability to review them on the site. Review graciously & don't return.

1 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.