Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Nov 04, 2023

I have purchased about 20 Air Doctor units (14 Model 3000s and 6 Model 3500s). I have seven in my residence, two in my office, and I have given the others to adult children and employees.

These units are not inexpensive and the replacement filters are very expensive.

Each of the 20 units needs one new HEPA filter each year and two new Carbon filters each year at $157.00 per machine per year. Not insignificant.

My issue is that there is a pre-filter attached to the front of the Carbon filter when you purchase a Carbon filter or the filter that comes with a new machine. The pre-filters get dirty and full before the six months recommended replacement of the Carbon filter. Air Doctor knows this and sells a prefilter replacement package of 3 prefilters for $19.97.

The problem is that the prefilter that comes in the replacement package of three is garbage. It is not the same prefilter that comes attached to the new replacement Carbon filters. I believe in maintenance so unknowingly I replaced dirty prefilters with replacement prefitlers which was a mistake.

The result is that when you replace the prefilter with the replacement prefilter, NOTHING is filtered and the Carbon filter and HEPA filter are completely engulfed in dirt and dust. You can visibly see the difference in the two prefilters (original and replacement).

The replacement filter is very, very porous. I thought about sending a new prefilter and a replacement prefilter but they obviously don't care becuase THEY HAVE the original prefilter and the replacement prefilter. THEY SELL THEM!

I have contacted Air Doctor three times about this issue. The result is that they have told me that I need to go vacuum my 20 Air Doctor units monthly or as needed.

They seem insulted that I have told them that the $19.97 package of three prefilters is garbage. A supervisor did call me back and told me that she would check into this issue and get back with me. Crickets! That has been over a month ago.

I am not asking for a refund or a discount.

I just would like to be able to purchase prefilters of the quality that comes attached to the front of the new Carbon filters.

They don't care.

All of the dust that gets through the replacement prefilter is destroying the $157.00 worth of filters prematurely. At this point, the Air Doctor does not even work or filter the air.

Their website is https://airdoctorpro.com/

User's recommendation: DON'T PURCHASE AN AIR DOCTOR. THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT!

Preferred solution: I would like to be able to purchase a quality prefilter..

Air Doctor Pro Pros: Work until the prefilter is dirty and full of contaminants.

Air Doctor Pro Cons: Will not provide a quality replacement prefilter, Horrible customer service.

Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario L4C, Canada

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Air Doctor Pro Reviews