Air Bridge Heating and Cooling - Company's repair man damaged my water heater!
On July 16, 2013, Air-Bridge Heating & Cooling sent a service man “J” to fix my Navien hot water heater which I purchased from this company a few years previous.
“J” determined that the heater's pump needed to be replaced. He returned with a new pump (KDP-CT1W0725) which was under warranty. He spent hours cursing and spilling water everywhere and I became concerned that he didn't know what he was doing - but he installed the pump and charged me for labor.
My water heater continued to leak water daily. When I called Air-Bridge to complain, I was told by “S” (company manager) that “J” was refusing to return to deal with the problem. He could not find anyone else to send. “S” came to my home to look at the leaking heater and so did the company owner - but still weeks went by and the company did not send anyone to deal with this problem.
Finally, after two months of waiting and calling Air-Bridge I contacted another company called Vio Systems Inc on September 13, 2013. They sent their top service man “M” to assess the situation.
“M” disconnected the pump that “J” had installed and showed me where “J” had not removed a crucial plastic plug - which caused the pump to blow its O-ring seal. The pump needed to be replaced again - but Navien would not supply another warrantied pump because they had already sent one (the one “J” damaged). I had to pay $341.60 for a new pump, plus pay “M”'s labour which was $120. All told - I had to pay $521.60 to fix the damage that Air-Bridge's service man had done.
“M” also signed a written statement about what he had discovered and I took photographs of the damaged pump and I sent all of it to Air-Bridge. “S”, the company manager at Air-Bridge, said he would not cover the cost of the new pump I had to purchase - but he would refund me “J”'s labour for July 13 and GIVE ME A NEW PUMP as compensation. I accepted that offer and I have it in an email from “S”.
“S” at Air-Bridge finally sent me a cheque for $150 (which was “J”'s labour on July 13) after many many weeks of phone calls but never sent the new pump he promised me. “S”, nor anyone at Air-Bridge will return my calls anymore.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Water Heater Repair
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "My wife and I got 3 Windows, and a sliding door installed in July. To this date of Novemner 21st we have had feldco out 5 times now. They..."
- "On 12-24-2011, Mr. Rooter was called to address the issue of sewage backing up into the basement. "J" agreed with the previous plumber that a cleanout was necessary to accommodate..."
- "On August 31st, my sink was clogged and i contacted Plumbing Rescue after my efforts to undrain the sink failed. They came out the same day and had to..."
- "I ordered a tempered glass screen protector. I didn't realize it was coming from China, but was prepared to be patient. took 2 weeks to arrive and then was completely..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "100% FAILED, RECALLED Matress- their brand! I have a spinal fusion and now needd 2 surgeries.... I count on my mattress to be GREAT- so they claim- Admitted faulty product!..."
- "Went to Suzuki of Newmarket to check out a bike. I saw this add for 9995 for a 2015 model. They told me when I called that was the price...."
- "The Staples Canada Head Office In Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada Will Not Help You And Is As Cheap And Selfish As Possible! Back on Sunday, July 24, 2016, I spent $452.70..."
- "Since their were many NON believers about my original post about the 2007 AVALANCHE LTZ that he STILL hasnt sold, which had problems with the air supension and power running..."