Air Bridge Heating and Cooling - Company's repair man damaged my water heater!
On July 16, 2013, Air-Bridge Heating & Cooling sent a service man “J” to fix my Navien hot water heater which I purchased from this company a few years previous.
“J” determined that the heater's pump needed to be replaced. He returned with a new pump (KDP-CT1W0725) which was under warranty. He spent hours cursing and spilling water everywhere and I became concerned that he didn't know what he was doing - but he installed the pump and charged me for labor.
My water heater continued to leak water daily. When I called Air-Bridge to complain, I was told by “S” (company manager) that “J” was refusing to return to deal with the problem. He could not find anyone else to send. “S” came to my home to look at the leaking heater and so did the company owner - but still weeks went by and the company did not send anyone to deal with this problem.
Finally, after two months of waiting and calling Air-Bridge I contacted another company called Vio Systems Inc on September 13, 2013. They sent their top service man “M” to assess the situation.
“M” disconnected the pump that “J” had installed and showed me where “J” had not removed a crucial plastic plug - which caused the pump to blow its O-ring seal. The pump needed to be replaced again - but Navien would not supply another warrantied pump because they had already sent one (the one “J” damaged). I had to pay $341.60 for a new pump, plus pay “M”'s labour which was $120. All told - I had to pay $521.60 to fix the damage that Air-Bridge's service man had done.
“M” also signed a written statement about what he had discovered and I took photographs of the damaged pump and I sent all of it to Air-Bridge. “S”, the company manager at Air-Bridge, said he would not cover the cost of the new pump I had to purchase - but he would refund me “J”'s labour for July 13 and GIVE ME A NEW PUMP as compensation. I accepted that offer and I have it in an email from “S”.
“S” at Air-Bridge finally sent me a cheque for $150 (which was “J”'s labour on July 13) after many many weeks of phone calls but never sent the new pump he promised me. “S”, nor anyone at Air-Bridge will return my calls anymore.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Water Heater Repair
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "On 12-24-2011, Mr. Rooter was called to address the issue of sewage backing up into the basement. "J" agreed with the previous plumber that a cleanout was necessary to accommodate..."
- "They say that a picture tells a thousand words.... Just take a look at this. Empires professional floor installation. Instead of building up the floor after tile was removed they chose..."
- "a few bad eggs can not take away years of making brides dreams coe true with flowers........ You Made it all seem so easy! Thank you so much. My daughter loved..."
- "Since their were many NON believers about my original post about the 2007 AVALANCHE LTZ that he STILL hasnt sold, which had problems with the air supension and power running..."
- "Went to Suzuki of Newmarket to check out a bike. I saw this add for 9995 for a 2015 model. They told me when I called that was the price...."
- "The Staples Canada Head Office In Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada Will Not Help You And Is As Cheap And Selfish As Possible! Back on Sunday, July 24, 2016, I spent $452.70..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."
- "In 18 months time they burned up my yard the first year, I suffered the embarrassment of a dirt front yard for the whole summer 2015. They came back in..."