I just came back from a flight from Düsseldorf to Los Angeles.I was send an email by Air Berlin asking if I wanted to upgrade my seat to business class by paying the required fee off €75.
I thought what a great deal maybe the plane is not full and therefore they want to fill the plane even if the charge is minimal. When I got to the counter, the agent checking me in had no information on such change. She also stated that for €75 I would only be entitled to a free seat next to me. After much debate and arguing I agreed to a free seat next to me.
When I got to the plane I saw that the plane was not completely full and a girl sitting on the other side of the aisle also had a free seat. I asked her if she paid for that seat that was empty and she replied no. I was mad as ***. I also had an issue when checking in when my carry-on was 2 kilos over the limit.
The agent asked me to remove items from my carry-on or pay $125. As I am removing things for my carry-on I noticed a young man behind me checking in with a big guitar. The agent told him that the guitar was too big as carry-on. He asked the agent what he should do now, he could not leave his guitar behind.
The agent replied that the plane was not full and she would just take the guitar free of charge. I was appalled. I've never flown Aberlin and after filling out a complaint form three times about one week ago and still not receiving a response I will not ever recommend this airline to anyone. The customer service or the lack off is simply unacceptable for the amount of money they charge you for a ticket.
One more thing that made the flight even more of a nightmare was the fact that the movies online did not work. After checking with the flightcrew I was told that they had checked everything they could do and do movies were simply not working.
Which made this 11 hour flight seem like an eternity!I expected more from a German airline!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- Air Berlin Flight 7430
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Back on Friday, October 11, 2013, I went from Toronto, Ontario Canada to Caracas, Venezuela with Two (2) Pieces Of Luggage, however, one of the pieces of luggage did NOT..."
- "When I went to Arizona on Nov 16th flying with Allegiant Airlines, I was appalled to find they broke my expensive hair curler/straightener. I had to immediately go buy a..."
- "United PetSafe almost killed my Greyhound on July 3, 2013 on our flights from San Diego to Boston. My dog and my cat were never allowed out of their crates,..."
- "I had the worst customer service from the manager, Candy, at the downtown LA Zara located at 7th and Figueroa. After a pair of jeans rang up $10 more..."
- "Check the Better Business Bureau Website!!!! Stellar Auto Sold me a car that had multiple problems. The biggest problem was that the car smoked. I also had to change the..."
- "Prom Dress. Price $250, 7 day full refund policy & free alterations if things weren’t right. What could go wrong? The dress was beautiful except for flaws. The left shoulder..."
- "FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS HFC HSBC HAVE BEEN TELLING ME THAT I DONT HAVE HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE . I CONTACTED THEM BY PHONE AND SENT THEM THE REQUIRED INFORMATION AND..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."
- "Ordered a "Gildan Hoodie for the campaign ***Limited Edition***" on a bearded dragon which my son has 4 at home, and thought this would be an awesome bday gift! Ordered..."