1.2K views
1.2
Additional Fees
Privacy and Data Security

Whenever I try a service like Agora, I use a credit card that lets me create a one-time card number and a pre-set total spending limit. The card number is good for 90 days and cannot draw more than my pre-set amount, in total.

In the case of Agora, I created the temporary card number, put a maximum amount of $75 for total spend against that card number, purchased their $49 "pot play", and now I don't have to worry about getting repeatedly billed as though I subscribed (it was pitched as a one-time cost). In a nutshell, once I got the information promised to me by paying the $49, I realized that a) their data is outdated, b) they're selling smoke and mirrors, and c) their advice, such as it is, is ***. BUT, I don't need to be concerned about ever getting billed again from them, contacting their customer service, dealing with my bank to stop all charges from them, etc.

Check with your credit card provider. Many of them offer this kind of "one time card number" service, typically for use with potentially sketchy internet purchases.

Product or Service Mentioned: Agora Financial Technology Profits Confidential Subscription.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Use a one-time card number with a pre-set total spend limit..

I liked: Receiving the information downloads.

I didn't like: Outdated information and poor advice.

Comments

That "one-time" card is a great idea!!!! You get just a regular Visa, MC or Amex gift card for that purpose?