Agco Corporation Flaws - Call to Action
This is a call to action. Agco Argentina SA and Agco Corporation (Duluth, Georgia) have systematically failed to provide adequate service and support for a series of Hesston machines sold in Argentina. The failure of these machines has led to significant loss of alfalfa production in the region due to AGCO's negligence. We are publishing this blog to highlight these problems for other AGCO customers and demand improvements from AGCO.
This complaint is dedicated to outline the systematic failures of AGCO Argentina SA produced Hay and Forage machines produced under the Hesston brand. Over the past two years numerous design and production flaws in the cutter accessory provided for the Agco Hesston 7433 Large Square Bailer as well as the lack of service for the Self-Propelled Windrower Agco Hesston 9260 have caused significant monetary losses for a series of alfalfa producers in the Santiago del Estero province of Argentina.
The design flaws are focused on the cutter accessory. The cutter mechanism is designed in such a way that when it malfunctions it sends a high voltage shock through the system blowing multiple fuses and burning the Square Baler Controller (SBC) . This causes the entire unit to shut down until a new SBC can be procured. Despite sharing details of every shutdown, AGCO failed to address the issues and, instead, blamed other equipment and operator error.
The lack of service and support exacerbated the problem and has been found to be deficient. The purchase of Hesston branded machines comes with a guarantee of one year. Documents filed in the Buenos Aires courts show that none of these services were provided. In fact, the local producer had to employ a local electrical engineer at their own expense to identify the cause of the problem due to AGCO's negligence.
The production and design flaws became apparent upon the processing of over 5,000 bales. When AGCO provided a replacement machine in January, the same failures occurred when the second unit passed the 5,000 bale mark. Clearly there is a systematic problem that must be addressed by the company or more complaints will be fielded when other Hesston machines reach this milestone in the next harvesting season. The lack of action by AGCO, on the design, production and service front, has the potential to lead to significant problems in alfalfa harvesting in the entire region.
The Argentine alfalfa producers purchased their machines from AGCO due to their positive track record, their mission of "superior customer service, innovation and quality" and AGCO's commitment to "create excellent solutions for our customers by carefully listening to their needs and exceeding their expectations." Unfortunately, Agco failed to follow up on these promises.
Even after they faced significant business losses due to AGCO's failures, the Argentine alfalfa producers sought an amicable solution that would allow them to return to productive business as soon as possible. They continuously communicated with the company, yet their pleas for help were rebuffed, refused or ignored. At no point in the process has AGCO focused on the problem, provided compensation or entered into discussions to resolve the issues in good faith. All parties involved have sought to avoid legal action and resolve the issue through multiple means, yet AGCO's failures leave with no choice but to go to the Argentine court system for protection.
The cumulative effect of these lapses in action on the part of AGCO now threatens the survival of the enterprise. The injurious unprofessionalism on the part of AGOC leaves the Argentine alfalfa producers no choice but to pursue legal action, with ample and documented cause. On a parallel course, they have no alternative but to notify local and international media of AGCO's failure to comply with its obligations, so that clients, providers, and shareholders alike can be made aware of the irresponsible business practices that are given free reign within a corporation whose brand strives to be synonymous with quality and customer service worldwide.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Agco Hesston Big Square Baler 7433
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- "I was reading through the reviews during the process of ordering my second Craftmatic bed. Our first was a dual king in 1995. My husband and I loved..."
- "Jenna the Astrologer seems very genuine and caring. She was completely accurate w my readings she gave me for free, for some reason she gave me 3 readings and a..."
- "Sano Daniel, Cimeon Daniel, Jada Daniel, are all names this Nigerian *** Woman goes by. She saw where I did the TEEN COICE awards, and contacted me to give..."
- "This is a call to action. Agco Argentina SA and Agco Corporation (Duluth, Georgia) have systematically failed to provide adequate service and support for a series of Hesston machines sold..."
- "I purchased a Marketside organic spring mix salad from Walmart. It was in a clear hard plastic container. It says on the package washed and ready to eat. I opened..."
- "I ordered something on ali express and made payment through my debit card. Amount got debited from my account. but i cancelled order before verification. although payment has been made..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."