2.8

I went to them on Feb 15, 2017 after the usual amount of time in the wanting room like an hour after your appointment I was taken in the back given xrays then the dental assistatant came in and talked to me about the 3 missing upper teeth 2 on one side & one on the other . She said we could put a partial denture there and so I picked the $625 one not the cheapest one.

It came with a wax partial fitting so after the took the mold of my mouth I came back later and the gal that was previously checking people out at the front desk (white gal with blond spiked hair) came in and presented the wax partial to fit in my mouth she was waiting for the Dr but he did not come in so she plopped them in my mouth and asked how do they feel? I said they don't feel right ,too thick, I talked with a lisp and felt like they where "off". So she said the Dr will check them and left me there 20 min went by and she came back in put the wax one in a container and said your all set the Dr will take care of it. I wasn't sure how he was going to do it without me but I left.

Came back next day waited a long time in the room and then got called in the back to fit the finished product. It was exactly the same as the wax version which did not fit so another gal this time tried to adjust them and then put them back in my mouth and said try them out & come back if they don't fit. I called after a week and got an appointment on the 15 of march they adjusted and ground the dentures to try and make them fit I left with them and after a few days said this can not be the way dentures feel. I called them again and they said you could come back for an another adjustment I informed them that there was no adjustment that they could make to these to make them fit my mouth as the Dr had never fitted me just an assistant and I wanted my money back.

She called back 2 days later and said you can have your $$ back but must bring in the partial I told her it was to be delivered back to them by UPS that day. She told me to get my $$ back I would have to come in and sign some papers I said no you are 65 miles from me and I am not driving another 130 miles to get my $$ back after you already have the partial back. So I disputed the charge with my credit card company and that's where it stands as of today.

All in all the reception people were very nice but once you got in the back it was assembly line city & seemed like Lucy Ricardo was on the line. Never saw Dr Gregory for more than 3 minutes (nice man btw) just dealt with the assistants who don't actually make the dentures and are not dentists so how are they to figure out if something is not right in your mouth?

Product or Service Mentioned: Affordable Dentures Dentures.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Affordable Dentures Pros: Receptionist.

Affordable Dentures Cons: Fact that the dr only appeared for a few minutes, No real time with the real dentist.

Comments

How you thought you would save money traveling 65 miles to a sleazy denture mill is beyond my understanding. Geez, no telling how many good dentists' offices you passed on the way to being fleeced.

You can't get a decent partial for only $625.

All you can get is junk for that price.

The dentist sure cannot spend any time with you for that ridiculous price. Constructing good partials takes at least 4 appointments and adjustment appointments after that.

Affordable Dentures Reviews