Kenosha, Wisconsin
3.3

First I want to comment on your receptionist at the location in which I visited. Since June 2014, when I began this venture at Affordable Dentures, she has always treated me with the upmost respect, concern and service.

She always greets you with a smile. The problem I have stems from my last 4 visits. The dentures I received was not at all what I felt they should be. However, my major disappointment is not only for the dentures I received, but the conversation that took place upon arrival.

Unfortunately, I could overhear the conversation between the dentist, dental assistant and receptionist while sitting in the lobby. Not to mention another patient was waiting and could hear as well. They were discussing my case to the point that I had to say, "Hello, I can hear you. The dentist said some things about my case that I felt, if discussed should not have been discussed where patients can hear.

I was put in an examination room and when I tried to explain my position to the dental assistant, she immediately stated she is only trying to see the bottom partials I received and the other part is for the dentist and lab tech. At this point, I wanted to walk out, because this is not the first time, she has spoken to me in a tone that was unkind, but I agreed to wait for the lab technician/manager to arrive so I could get a better understanding of what happened to the dentures I thought I had tried on during the wax phase. Upon the dentist and lab technician entering the room, the lab tech who I do not have a problem with and this was my first time meeting, explained to me how the teeth were the exact ones that I had during the wax phase and how they would be affected if they made the changes that I wanted. He was very thorough and I don't fault him in anyway.

However, when the dentist interjected with the comment of "if you think dentures are suppose to look natural, you are sadly mistaken", everything that the lab tech had explained went south for me. The conversation I overheard coupled with the conversation that both the dentist and I had was overall displeasing. The dentist stated "the only thing I can do for you is offer a refund". I decided at this point and based upon what I had heard and what I was told, not to pursue a correction of dentures or further service.

This had been a long journey for me. One of the reasons for this is I was unavailable due to moving from one location to another and then being hospitalized for one week.

However, no one deserves to be spoke to as if they are a trouble maker, or can't seem to communicate their concerns. I commend Shelly for going the extra mile for trying to resolve the problem, but to the dentist and dental assistant--sensitivity and patient privacy training goes a long way!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Affordable Dentures Dental Service.

Affordable Dentures Pros: Receptionist was the best part of the visit.

Affordable Dentures Cons: Damage that was done.

Comments

To give a patient a denture like he or she imagines in his or her mind, is a daunting task. Often patients imagine something impossible.

Dentists are still limited in placing teeth where bone is in the mouth. If bone is too prominent, it can be reduced a little, but not moved entirely without surgery.

Fabricating good dentures than look right, fit right, and allow good eating and pronunciation is a VERY difficult task. It takes a lot of time, quality materials, and good lab support.

I disagree with the dentist about one thing. A properly made denture can look very realistic, if the patient permits little nuances like slightly crooked lower incisors.

Most patients want teeth in dentures unnaturally straight and unnaturally white.

But apparently you didn't want a carefully crafted denture. You wanted a CHEAP denture. That is why you went to this sleazy outfit instead of a regular dentist. And guess what you got?

There is no limit to the realism that could be built into dentures.

The gums can be carefully characterized, even including different colors, to exactly mimic nature.

Such fine dentures take time, and cost a lot of money- often over $2000 EACH.

Take your pick: cheap or good. You cannot have both.

Affordable Dentures Reviews