Fort Myers, Florida
1.3K views

CERTAINLY, POOR PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO CAN NOT AFFORD EXPENSIVE DENTURES END-UP BY GOING TO THE SO CALLED “AFFORDABLE DENTURES”, TO GET A DREAMY FULL SET ECONOMIC DENTURE FOR $425. SO, ON DEC 19, 2012 IN THE EARLY MORNING I WENT TO THE SO CALLED AFFORDABLE DENTURES LOCATED ON CLEVELAND AVENUE (FT MYERS) THE ONLY AFFORDABLE DENTURES STORE IN THAT AREA) TO ORDER MY WONDERFUL DENTURE. PLUS, I PAID IN ADVANCE FOR THE FULL COST WHICH IS $425. ONCE THE “DOUBTFUL IMPRESSIONS” WERE TAKEN I WAS TOLD TO COME BACK AT 3 PM THE SAME DAY TO GET MY DENTURES SINCE IT IS A SAME DAY SERVICE. SO, I CAME BACK AT THREE PM AS REQUESTED, I WAITED UNTIL 5:30 FOR MY TURN. IT'S LIKE I CLOSED DOWN THE PLACE (WELL, I DID NOT CARE WAITING SINCE I AM VERY PATIENT). UNFORTUNATELY, THE DENTURE WAS TOO LOOSE; EXTREMELY LOOSE ESPECIALLY “THE LOWER ONE”. SO, I WAS TOLD TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR A FREE ADJUSTMENT, WHICH WAS THE FIRST ADJUSTMENT. UNFORTUNATELY, IT WAS AN ADJUSTMENT THAT TOOK LESS THAN 3 MIN AND THAT DID NOT SUCCEED AT ALL.

I WAS TOLD THAT THE LOWER DENTURE COMES OUT LOOSE ALL THE TIME WHICH IS NOT TRUE. IN ADDITION, THEY HANDED OUT TO ME A FLIER SIMILAR TO A "WARNING NOTICE" CARRYING SPECIFICALLY A “WARNING” THAT SAYS “LOWER DENTURE IS ALWAYS LOOSE, DO NOT EXPECT IT TO FIT!” THIS IS AN AMBIGUOUS FACT I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH BECAUSE USING COMMON SENSE THESE DENTURES MUST FIT EVEN JUST A BIT, SOME HOW. OF COURSE WE'RE NOT ASKING FOR PERFECTION FROM BASIC DENTURES. SO AFTER I DEMONSTRATED PEACEFULLY THE FACT THAT “AFFORDABLE DENTURES” IS WRONG I GOT REFLEXIVELY “THREATENED” OF “REFUND” BY THE BIG HEAVY SET DENTIST (OF COURSE SINCE HE KNOWS THAT MOST OF POOR PEOPLE THAT COME HERE TO “AFFORDABLE DENTURES” CANNOT AFFORD TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE AND AS A RESULT THEY MIGHT JUST END-UP BY WALKING AWAY WITHOUT EVEN DEFENDING A CLEAN RIP-OFF. (THIS IS VERY SAD AND UNFAIR, THIS IS LIKELY A MODEL OF ASSISTED CLEAN SWINDLE IN THE BACKGROUND!

THE SAID BIG DENTIST MADE A COMMENT AS WELL BEFORE I GOT THREATENED OF A “REFUND”, AND HIS COMMENT WAS AS FOLLOWS “COME-ON PEOPLE, BE REALISTIC, DO NOT EXPECT THE LOWER DENTURE TO FIT PROPERLY!” UNFORTUNATELY, AS YOU MAY OBSERVE I THINK THE DENTIST WHO MADE A NON-SENSE STATEMENT LIKE THE ABOVE IS THE ONE WHO IS TOTALLY UNREALISTIC IN THE FIRST PLACE. AND IN THIS SPECIAL OCCASION I TOLD THE CONCERNED DENTIST THE FOLLOWING, SORRY DOCTOR, I DO CERTAINLY NOT EXPECT “PERFECTION” FROM THE DENTURE, BUT ACCORDING TO COMMON SENSE THESE DENTURES MUST AT LEAST FIT A BIT SOME HOW SINCE THEY WERE DEVELOPED SUPPOSEDLY ACCORDING TO PATIENT ACCURATE DENTURE IMPRESSIONS TAKEN IN ADVANCE. DESPITE THE CONSEQUENCES, I WAS ADVISED THAT THE ONLY CHOICE I HAD IS TO PUT DENTURE-GLUE OR GET REFUND.

REGARDLESS TO THE DISSATISFACTION THAT EMERGED I WALKED OUT PEACEFULLY AND DECIDED SOMEHOW TO TRY THE DENTURE-GLUE FOR A WEEK OR SO WHICH WAS VERY DIFFICULT SINCE I COULDN'T EVEN CHEW-UP. I CALLED BACK AFFORDABLE DENTURES REGARDING THAT INCONVENIENCE A WEEK LATER AND THEY OFFERED ANOTHER ADJUSTMENT, WHICH DID NOT GO NOWHERE AND WHICH MADE MY LOWER DENTURE BECOME WORST, MORE LOOSE THAN IT WAS (STRANGE, DON'T KNOW HOW THEY DID THAT SINCE MY ORIGINAL COMPLAINT WAS ABOUT LOOSENESS). IN ADDITION, THE DENTIST ASSISTANT WHO ASSISTED ME THIS TIME HAS ALMOST THROWN ME OUT OF THE OFFICE BEFORE I EVEN MENTION THE LACK OF SUCCESS OF THIS SECOND ADJUSTMENT AS WELL. SHE PUT SOME DENTURE GLUE ON THE LOWER DENTURE AND SAID THIS IS IT OR A REFUND AS THE DENTIST MENTIONED LAST WEEK. MOREOVER, WHEN SHE CALLED ME TO TRY THE SUPPOSED READJUSTED LOWER DENTURE, I DID NOT EVEN GET A CHANCE TO SIT IN ONE OF THEIR EXAM ROOMS, I SAT ON A CHAIR IN THE ALLEYWAY INSTEAD. AS A RESULT OF THE SECOND POOR AND UNSUCCESSFUL ADJUSTMENT MY DENTURE SAT AT HOME FOR NO USE FOR APPROXIMATELY TWO MONTHS, AND FINALLY DECIDED TO GO BACK DOWN TO AFFORDABLE DENTURES TO REQUEST A FAIR REFUND. I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE HOW COMPANIES COULD GET AWAY WITH INJUSTICE AND UNFAIRNESS, AND THINGS LIKE THESES. IN OTHER WORDS, “CLEAN SWINDLES!”

NEVERTHELESS, REGARDLESS TO THE “INCREDIBLE” INVOLVED IN THE SCENARIO OF THE SO CALLED “AFFORDABLE DENTURES” AND IN THIS CASE IN ESSENCE OF MY BRIGHT PHILOSOPHY I WOULD SAY I AM STILL THE “WINNER” AND A “HAPPY WINNER” BECAUSE WHAT HAPPENED WAS MEANT TO HAPPEN FUNDAMENTALLY FOR GOOD REASON!

MUSTAPHA HAMICI