Notre Dame, Indiana

I have had 2 sets done at the Mishawaka office. The first set was horrendous.

They were so big I couldn't even close my mouth and had trouble talking. The second dentist there did a complete new set and they fit beautifully. Then my lower plate was destroyed. The second dentist, by that time, had moved to Ohio, so I was back to the first one (still there).

Again the lower plate was too big, so I went back and he relined it (he said). I told him it was still too loose and he said to give it time. I did . .

. several months. Then I went back for another reline. When he did the temp I told him it was too loose, he said the final would be snug.

It was not. Now, two years later, they are so loose I have great difficulty eating. The adhesive melts as fast as I can put it in. I am now in a dilemma as to what to do next.

I don't have a fortune to spend on another new plate.

He kept pushing implants ($1500), which I cannot afford. I have worn dentures for over 30 years, so I know what a well fitted denture is.

Yes, the lower is more difficult to fit to fit because there is less bone, but no denture should float around in your mouth like this. I want to get it relined again, but not by him--he obviously either doesn't know HOW to properly fit them, or just chooses not to.

Product or Service Mentioned: Affordable Dentures Dentures.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Lower dentures are known as floating dentures. They are going to move around , they don't have suction like the upper does, so they are just sitting on the tissue and bone.

A reline most likely won't help, most times this issue isn't the denture, it's the lack of bone, the denture doesn't have anything to grab onto, which comes with ageing and loss of bone due to wearing dentures.

Implants may be your only choice if you want a lower denture to be able to be secure in your mouth .

Hope this helps