Columbus, Ohio
2.1K views

I took my father to the Columbus Location. They said they open at 7:45 when i called them, and so that's on their sign.

we were there around 7:30. there're already 6 old folks waiting out side, and it was really cold on that day. The doctor and staffs came in at 7:40. We all thought they would let us get in because the cold weather.

Guess what these cold heart did, they not only not open the door on time, they made you waited another 10 minutes outside. Every patient was angry.

Finally got in, the front desk refused to provide service to my father because he got refunded for the last denture from the previous doctor. Well, the prvious doctor did "too much" adjustment on the brand new same day made denture.

We asked what he was going to do with that...he said we had to pay another full payment to have another one. that was unacceptable and unreasonable...he refused to continue to do anything...he refunded us to leave. That was the story.

I don't think there exist "fair" in their office. they need to change their name from affordable dentures to horrible dentures.

Product or Service Mentioned: Affordable Dentures Dentures.

Comments

I went to the affordable dentures location in Gainesville Florida.most of these comments describe my experience.the receptionist was friendly,but other than that,everyone else acted like they were in a rush to get rid of me.I did the wax try in,and really didn't have a chance to speak before a clipboard with paperwork was handed to me to sign,stating that I had a chance to look at the teeth and request any adjustments at that moment.the.trays used for impressions were way too big,and the final denture is awful.my upper made me *** and the dental assistant filed away at the back.of it,only to tell me later that if she continued to file at it,there would be nothing left for the suction to hold it in my mouth..the teeth are too big.complete mess is what it is.my bottom denture was also too big and they filed it to make it fit,only creating a sharp spot on the denture that cuts into my gum.needless to say,I'm unable to wear them.I don't recommend them at all.they try to get people out of their office at production line speed,so the quality and craftsmanship of the final product is little to none.the whole time I was there,I didn't even see a dentist,or hear one mentioned.the place is a joke. :(

I am thinking about going to Zanesville Ohio Affordable Dentures, and Mark H. Cleary is The Dentist. Can anyone share their experience with me?

@Lavender Lady

do not go to affordable dentures,they make the teeth very cheaply to keep you coming back,my wife got the economy set and i agree it was the cheapest ,she has teeth just falling out on a continuous basis at 90.00 a tooth to fix.i wouldnt call that economy,you will be disappointed

Sucky service rude condescending and the great patients like cattle. I do not recommend.

They charge for un necessary service or services they don't actually do. A racket.

For rapid tooth removal go to you local red neck bar and make a rude remark to the bar maid. Or go to the pool table and take a *** on the table. I guarantee u will get free tooth removal.

I AM GLAD I FOUND THIS SITE, I THOUGHT AFFORDABLE DENTURES WAS GONNA SAVE ME A $1000.

I GUESS THE SAYING "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR". IS TRUE.

I'LL STICK WITH MY 78 YEAR OLD DENTIST FOR MY DENTURES. THANKS FOLKS!

i cant stand all these folks complaining. you are getting a STEAL of a price for something that works.

if you want to be picky then pay the 3 grand at a gp office (since you probably cant afford it and are on public assitance anyways thats probably not an option). also, you are the type of people who if its not perfect..instead of being NICE about wanting a fix or asking for some changes you *** about it and have in general bad attitudes. I bet most of these complaints are because of the economy denture where you pay a base fee for something where there's no try in. WELL YOU SHOULD HAVE SPEND THE MONEY TO GET A CUSTOM SET.

ALSO. you get your dentures in ONE day.. not the month and a half it takes other places... so for those people who say they have to go back day after day..

kill yourself. you deserve a quality product and most of these dentists want to give you that but not everything will be perfect and most certainly wont be exactly like your natural teeth. i hate you type of consumers.

SUE SUE SUE is your first thought and you are the people who are costing the government fortunes in healthcare.

oh and here's osme advice.....YOU SHOULDNT HAVE LOST YOUR TEETH IN THE FIRST PLACE.

@aaron

You must work for them....

@aaron

ARE YOU NUTS OR SOMETHING WHAT U FROM THE OFFICE OR SOMETHING, I NEVER HAD DENTURE'S MADE THERE AND I TELL YOU I TOLD THAT ***, HE WOULD NEVER EVER TOUCH MY MOUTH AND I MEANT IT ,THAT WHEN I LEFT WITH MY MOM. PEOPLE ARE ON FIXED INCOME'S AND GO THERE,CAUSE THESE RUDE ***'S ADVERTISE ON TV, THEY CHOKE PEOPLE, THEY DON'T USE A PLATE FOR IMPRESSION'S, THERE ARE TONS OF PEOPLE IN THE *** WAITING ROOM, THE TEETH ARE SO BIG, BIG FOOT COULD NOT EVEN WEAR THEM, THE DENTURE'S CUT YOU UP AND MAKE YOU BLEED, THEY DO NOT FIT AT ALL, SO YOU CANNOT EVEN WEAR THEM SO WHY PAY ANY MONEY FOR DENTURE'S??????

TO BE MADE THERE?? AND MY FIRST THOUGHT IS NOT TO SUE SUE SUE EITHER IT IS TO PROTECT WHAT IS RIGHT, FOR THE PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY, THIS IS INHUMANE WHAT THESE PEOPLE DO, AND NOW IT'S TIME IT'S EXPOSED. IT HURTS MY HEART TO THINK THERE ARE ***'S LIKE YOU HEAR ALSO, I CARE ABOUT PEOPLE.

AND PEOPLE'S TEETH FALL OUT OR NEED DENTURE'S FOR ALL SORTS OF REASON'S SOMETIMES, SUGAR DIABETIC'S OR CANCER OR JUST ANYTHING CAN GO WRONG IN LIFE IT'S NOT THE PEOPLE'S FAULT THEY NEED THEM MOST OF THE TIME. :(

@aaron

first of all arron,if the dentures work ,everybody wouldnt be complaing,yeah,these guys wake up in the the morning and say ,i thinK i am going to complain about my dentures today, like theres not alot more in life to complain about,THESE DENTURES ARE ***,furthermore ,who made you the spokesman for affordable dentures,who do you think you are, GOD.i think not.AS FOR YOU SAYING YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE LOST YOUR TEETH IN THE FIRST PLACE,but i guess you wouldnt know that since you are mister perfect ,sometimes things happen that you have no control of.my wifes dentures are constantly giving her problems,

economy dentures or not,that should not matter .they should not be selling garbage.furthermore ,people buy the economy dentures because they cant afford the higher grade,does that mean that they should be taken advantage of and does that mean you have the right to tell them to kill themselves,sounds to me like you have personal issues you need to deal with.

The Dentist and the lab tech work hand in hand to help decide what is best for you for function, TMJ health, and cosmetics, among other dental scientific parameters. If you ponied up for a custom or premium denture then you would get a wax try in and have some say in how things were done.

It is not the intention of the dentist to make something you don't like. However, many people want dentures to look like their crooked, uneven, decaying natural teeth OR a worn down, ugly, stained old denture. New dentures look like ideal straight teeth. People pay thousands of dollars to have braces and veneers to achieve this look with their natural teeth.

For some reason many denture wearers want to go the opposite way and have their false teeth look ugly b/c they think they are more natural. If you are worried about people noticing a change b/c your new dentures actually look good, tell them you had some dental work done. They don't need to know you have dentures. Then every time you look at a photo of yourself after your new set and think "wow I look younger and good"-- thank affordable dentures.

My question is, why get a new set or dentures at all if you don't want to trust the experts and you want something ugly or non functional. Just continue to neglect your mouth as you have for so many years and you won't have to worry about teeth at all.

You can "gum" everything.

Joe (a very satisfied denture customer of Affordable Dentures) :grin

@Joe

Thanks for that Joe, some people have to whine about everything.

I find it amazing to see all of these ridiculous negative comments regarding Affordable Dentures. Each office is owned and operated by a single dentist. As we all know dentists, like any other professions, have varying degrees of expertise. The Affordable Denture offices specialize in making dentures and extracting teeth. The doctors do more of these in a day then most General Dentists do in a month--making most of the Affordable Denture doctors very good at what they do. Most of the offices will do multiple try ins in wax to fine tune the dentures to patient specifications. Sometimes this requires one to give up 1-3 days with the office to get a new set that will be perfect in cosmetics and function for 10+years. In a general dentist office you can get a similar set, but it will require 4-6 appointments and about 4 weeks turn around time. So you can get a set in 1-3 days with Affordable Dentures or pay 4 times as much money and get a set in 4 weeks with a general dentist. The problem with most of you is that you have unrealistic expectations and you love to complain. You let your teeth rot in your mouth without picking up a tooth brush ever and you blame it on a car accident, or inheriting from your parents ("soft teeth"), or pregnancy, or other dentists messing up your mouth. In 99.9% of all cases its you who has completely neglected your mouth and now you blame the dentist (especially the Affordable Dentures dentist). He or she is only trying to HELP you. A denture is a prosthetic in your mouth, similar to a prosthetic leg. So it is mandatory to be patient and adapt to this. Keep in mind Affordable Dentures gives you 2 months to do this. They will do unlimited free adjustments during this time to help you adapt. Many times they will remake a perfectly good set of dentures if you whine enough. Many times they won't ever charge you for adjustments even after 60 days. Try getting 2 months of free adjustments from your general dentist in private practice.

Regards,

Harris

--A very satisfied patient of Affordable Dentures over the years. :)

I fought back and got my money back yesterday from affordable dentures. Don't give up folks.

I keep saying call your Attorney General or Better Business Bureau in your state and you will get some help getting a refund.

Good luck. :zzz

Just want everyone to know I went to a new dentist to get new dentures. I had written a letter to Affordable Dentures here in Duluth, Mn and asked for a refund I waited for a reply for over two weeks.

Didn't hear a word from them. Went to the new Dentist and then went for a second visit. In the meantime Affordable Dentures called me and offered my money back. I thought how odd they called so I asked the new Dentist if he had called or did something that they are refunding my money.

He Said why do you ask, so I told him about the call from Affordable Dentures. He said yes I did call and talk to the Dentist at Affordable Dentures. Took him 4 trys before the old dentist would talk to my new one. He said Affordable Dentures kept telling him they would refund my money and he was glad I was getting my money back.

Affordable called me and asked me to sign a release and bring the dentures back to them. I said but of course what would I want with them? Went up signed the release gave them the dentures and they said the refund would be in the mail within 10 days so they have til March 10th. Don't give up folks.

File a complaint with the Attorney General and Better Business Bureau in your state. They want us to give up but please don't they need to be put out of Business. You can also file a complaint with The Dental Association in your State. There are numbers in your phone book.

Fight back. I had a custom tray made from the new dentist and will go back 3 more times before I get the new Dentures but at least I will be getting a new set and I get to choose the color and shape of the teeth. Haven't been out of my home since Jan.20th except to go to Dentists. To embarrassed.

Affordable Dentures extracted 6 teeth on the bottom so I have nothing there. But I do wear my old uppers.

What a horrible experience. Take care folks.

#119575

I recently went to the Affordable Dentures in Conover, NC. The trays used to make the impressions were at least 2 sizes too large and as a result I have tears on the corners of my mouth and dentures that don't fit properly and are too big.

Thankfully I still have my old dentures they are a bit loose because I have worn them for 6 years but they fit comfortably and look as natural as dentures can possible look. I went to my family dentist to have my old dentures made, and will be returning there to have new ones made. Affordable Dentures is assembly line dentistry. I didn't actually see the dentist at Affordable, but considering the poor quality of work that this place does, I don't blame her , she may want to open a private practice someday, if she does, I remember her name, and I definitely wouldn't use her as a dentist.

Whatever you do don't get dentures made at Affordable, they don't listen to the patient and obviously don't care about the quality of the dentures they make.

I wasted an entire day and $650.00, But it's my own fault, I should have went to my regular dentist to begin with, I'll end up spending around $3,000 for a quality denture but I guess you really do get what you pay for. But Affordable Dentures should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of people the way they do!

@Wanda

The fine folks at the *** you NC store are there to take your money. If they think your might have an Idea of how dentures are suppose to work they will refuse you service. Plus it has to be one of the nastiest on earth.

If you need dentures, do not shop for the cheapest dentures out there.

If you need eye surgery, do not shop for the cheapest eye surgeon in town.

Common sense, folks.

Please do not go to affordable dentures. The dentures they make are awful.

I got donkey teeth. Been there 5 times for adjustments and ended up with buck teeth and can't wear them. I turned them in to the Attorney General in Mn. Will be filing a complaint.

Also wrote to Affordable dentures and asked for a refund. Am waiting to see what happens Will be going to a reputable dentist next Tues. Should have done that in the first place. Our dentist retired and I saw all the ads for affordable dentures and thought what the heck.

Affordable my butt. Doesn't matter if it sounds like a good deal if you can't wear them it doesn't matter if you paid $1.oo or $5,000. Awful place. The only nice person there was the receptionist.

The dental assistant was someone with a chip on her shoulder.

These places should be closed down. Everyone with a problem turn them in to the Attorney General in your state.

I had my uper teeth done and it was a very good job. am working on the bottom teeth.

and yes it heart. But I know that it also is going to be a ghood job.

This was in Gainesville, FL Phone 1-800-336-8873 after all wnen you are 75 thats good! :grin

Affordable Dentures Reviews