Page, Arizona

In August of 2010 I went to the Tempe Affordable Dentures location to obtain consultation and to get an upper denture. We live in Northern Arizona and that was the closest and was 5 hours south. He did an extraction on 8 teeth and gave me a temporary denture.

After days of severe pain and swelling, I developed a fever of 102 and called the emergency number he had given me on my sheet of instructions. It took hours to hear back from him and then he just called in an antibiotic and suggested it may be dry socket.

After 10 days on the antibiotic I was no better at all. I developed sores inside my entire mouth and the gums were so painful I could still only consume liquids weeks after the extractions. I drove back down and told him I couldn't stand the pain anymore. At that point, he examined me and informed me the sutures had not dissolved but had grown up into my gums. He removed them and advised me it should heal fine.

I went back down after the gum swelling had subsided and he did a soft reline (even though the package I purchased called for a regular reline). I went back home with the denture fitting better. However, by the beginning of 2011 it was again quite large due to more swelling subsiding and I called and found out that the Tempe branch location was closed. No word from Affordable Dentures as to why, but I was told my files were transferred to the Sun City, AZ location. I went there and was given a reline and told that I was ready for my permanents. In the beginning of March I went in for a permanent denture.

Now, almost a year after my initial visit with Dr. Acosta, I have some protrusions on my gums which lead me to believe there may be other foreign things in my gums. I'm not sure if it's additional sutures or pieces of teeth or what is causing it, but want to get it taken care of and do not believe I should be financially responsible for an exam/x-ray. I feel it is Dr. Acosta's responsibility. Additionally, not even 6 months after they made my denture, it is broken and the "exact duplicate" I purchased under their plan is not a duplicate and looks like wax teeth.

Comments