2419 Christmasville Cove, Jackson, TN 38305, USA
1.6K views
Featured Not resolved

I had all of my teeth extracted on 8/21/18 and temporary full set of dentures made. I was told there would be some bruising and soreness. I did not expect to look like I got the *** beat out of me by Mike Tyson!

After 3 weeks of heeling time I went back to get the dentures adjusted. The day they adjusted them the teeth fit and I felt no pain. The following day they were loose and painful. I also had a headache and jaw pain since the first day of wearing these dentures. I returned to their office to get adjustments and inform them of the continued headache and pain in my jaw a few times per week with same results. Feel and fit okay when I leave and a few hours later they are loose and painful. I asked the attendant and she said that they were not going to be perfect because they were temporary. My response was that they are temporary for a year. I have mouth and jaw pain, a constant headache and I cannot eat with them because they are crooked. Again, adjust and fine and next day back to the way they were.

Again I go back the following day. I had a new attendant and I asked her why they seem fine the day I go in but then a few hours or the next day they are loose and painful again. She said just a minute and left the room. When she came back she handed me CORA CAINE. I had never heard of it before. She asked me not to say where I got it and told me that it is a denture adhesive with a numbing agent in it. They line the denture with it and it glues and numbs and they feel great until it wears off.

After several weeks of complaining of the constant headache and jaw pain with no relief and the ill fit and painful dentures I went to a local dentist for a 2nd opinion. He said that the baseline of the dentures were off and causing my jaw pain and that the lack of depth to the teeth were the cause of the headaches. I went back to affordable denture with this information and they finally decided that they should make me a new set of teeth. I felt so relieved. I have not been able to eat anything substantial, I could not wear the teeth due to the pain and therefore was not able to leave my house.

I go for the fitting for my new set of dentures. They feel fine and seem to fit. This is a Friday afternoon. Saturday morning I was devastated. I put the top in and immediately felt intense sharp pain. There was a spur on the upper pallet. I put in the lower denture and there was 1/4 inch play of front to back movement. The bottom edge of the denture dug into the lower area of both the inner and outer area of my gums.

The following Monday I go to another local dentist. He took one look at the teeth in my mouth and said that there was no way that these teeth were made to fit you 3 days ago. He told me not to wear them and to get a lawyer.

I went back to affordable dentures that day and asked for my 100 day 100% refund and they refused. They were going to deduct for both sets of teeth and all of my office visits.

So I asked instead if I could transfer to the Burns, TN office. They agreed. I went to my car and called the Burns office and they made me an appointment and while they were getting my personal info they had a call come in and put me on hold. When the receptionist came back to the phone she cancelled my appointment and told me they were no longer taking transfer patients.

So, today, November 12, 2018, I went to see a lawyer. It has been 90 days now since I had my teeth extracted. 90 days with an intense headache. 90 days with intense jaw and mouth pain. 90 days that I have not been able to eat anything but soup, potatoes, yogurt and the like. Today I find out that the 100 day 100% guarantee does not start until you get your final permanent denture. SO FOR 1 YEAR AND 100 DAYS I GET TO HAVE A HEADACHE, JAW AND MOUTH PAIN, NOT BE ABLE TO EAT AND NOT LEAVE MY HOUSE BECAUSE I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WEAR MY LOOSE FITTING, ILL MADE TORTURE DEVICES.

Product or Service Mentioned: Affordable Dentures Dentures.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Affordable Dentures Cons: Dishonesty, Quality of dentures, Lack of professionalism, Unwillingness to honor purported guarantee, Dismissal of all of my health concerns.

• Affordable Dentures Nashville
  • Dental
  • Affordable Dental Care

Comments

@ClydeDDS

The reason for the headaches is the negative pressure to the jaw due to the teeth being too short which causes my mouth to force itself to close instead of closing comfortably. This is the reason that they finally agreed to make a 2nd set of unusable dentures.

@Odette

Never head of "negative jaw pressure" The bite might might be off in other ways, such as a difference between centric relation and centric occlusion, causing a "slide" from one position to the other. But the open bite between 2 or 3 teeth did not cause your pain.

Bite discrepancies are one of the main causes of denture problems. One of the most critical steps of denture fabrication is accurate bite record. But most patients want dentures in a hurry and cheap, so the dentist uses a shortcut technique called a "mush bite." It isn't very accurate.

The proper procedure taught in textbooks is to remove all the BACK teeth, allow a minimum of THREE MONTHS for healing and follow up surgery, THEN take impressions for immediate dentures. It just does not work to remove all the teeth and cram prefabricated dentures in patients' mouths.

@ClydeeDDS

Changes to the jaw joint – Dentures that don’t fit properly can affect someone’s bite, leading to changes in the jaw joint. In turn, this can result in joint pain, HEADACHES, pain in the neck and/or facial muscles, and can be severe enough to impact day-to-day living.

The "open bite" as you call it caused my mouth upper and lower jaw to set crooked on each other as my jaw searched for a comfortable resting place. Try eating when you chew on your food and it causes the opposite side of your lopsided teeth to pop off the roof of your mouth. The remedy I was given for that by the attendant at Affordable Dentures was to make sure that my food was the same size and to chew on both sides of my mouth equally. Go ahead and try that LOL.

I really do appreciate all of your information. It causes me to realize just how deceptive they were in luring me into their ruse of well fitting, comfortable, nice looking "temporary" dentures. And I would like to say that I spent a total of close to $5,000.00 in total so far. CHEAP?

Maybe for someone like you with a six figure income. That money took me a very long time to save up. Can you tell me where you practice? Maybe I should have a consultation with you and you can see first hand what these are doing to my mouth.

I did obtain another opinion from two separate dentists, both of which hold high standing in the county that I live in. Both said these teeth are what have caused my headaches and, like you, they said that this is very shoddy work.

One of them suggested that I hire a lawyer. I had impressions made prior to any teeth being extracted because they (Affordable Dentures) told me that would make it possible for my bite to be accurate as well as the teeth size when they made my dentures.

@ClydeeDDS

My comment is for ClydeDDS I am in no way trying to be sarcastic or rude. I am very serious in my question. How do we find a reputable dentist to get quality dentures?

@ClydeDDS

Thank you very much! I will be searching now for a prosthodontist .

If you take new patients and are in TN please pm me your information. I very much appreciate your guidance. Another thing that I noticed about the Affordable Dentures in Jackson, TN is that most of the technicians look like they just got out of high school. I was not aware that they worked on the dentures until it was too late.

They are presented as office staff and assistants. Lessons learned :(

@ClydeeDDS

In answer to your question about where to find a dentist good at dentures: Usually the really good guys are older and do not advertise. Many are ex-military.

A specialist called like prosthodontist is sure to be good at it, but us guys are likely to be more expensive because of our advanced training The prosthodontic residents in dental schools would also be a good option, and more economical. But there may not be a dental school near you. EVERY dentist is taught to construct complete dentures using good techniques in dental school. The problem is most students only have to construct at most 4 sets of complete dentures to graduate.

It takes years to get really good at fabricating dentures. It is both an art and a science.

When the rules are followed, and some creativity is used, attractive, lifelike, and comfortable dentures USUALLY result. However, there is a subset of humans who can never tolerate dentures, no matter how well they are made.

Ready to go to a competent dentist yet, instead of an El Cheapo denture factory? No dentist wants to correct another's flawed dentures. That is why it is so important to go to a good dentist to start with, not a flunky who ends up working in a cheap denture factory until he can find a better job.

@Dr. Mathews

I would love to go to a competent dentist. If they will refund my money for their shoddy incompetent work I would be able to pay another dentist for a more competent job.

@Odette

The only thing these corporate groups understand is threats of lawsuits and bad publicity. I would take dentists' written opinions of the dentures' deficiencies to a lawyer, and file a claim in your small claim court.

Involve as much news media as you can. Maybe you can get your money back and have a competent dentist do it right. Warning: constructing good dentures will take at least 5 appointments.

I cannot be done overnight, and not in a week. Lab techs must not be rushed or they cannot do a good job.

@Dr. Mathews

Thank you so much!!! I will be following your advice.

I have lodged complaints with several online companies like this one. I will try contacting my local news station today.

I will also be checking into small claims. Thank you again!

@Dr. Mathews

She can’t go no where til these fools give her back her money. Your not going make her look like mike Tyson beat her too are you?

Cause I’m telling you those other ones did.

I got the pics. She looks like they stomped on her face

@Dr. Mathews

Dr.Matthews It’s not fair to group all of the dentist at Affordable Dentures as Flunky. How about a little professionalism and educated instead of being negative!

Shared to Facebook & hope it spread!!! How awful of them to do you like that! They should be ashamed!!!

@Joy

Thank you so much!

Odette

I spoke to a man at length while he waited for his wife. He said she was experiencing the same thing. IF THERE ARE OTHERS THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED TO PLEASE COMMENT HERE If there are enough of us that have had this happen to them maybe we can do something collectively to make them stop taking advantage of elderly, disabled and low income people.

@Odette

There's nothing special about elderly, disabled, or low income people. Because I work and make an income, I'm not entitled to good service ?

Since the rest of my body is strong it's OK if I wear crummy dentures ? Since I'm only 62 , not elderly quite yet, it's OK to inflict pain and bruising on me ? Your prejudice and sense of entitlement are showing. You made a lousy choice going to the budget denture co.

and now you see why. Live and learn.

@Chan

I did make a "lousy choice". Hopefully this will prevent others from making that same "lousy choice"!

The point is that they do prey upon those groups of people. I am not prejudice in the least. I owned a horse ranch and worked my butt off my entire life. I was injured 2 years ago and am unable to work at this time.

What savings I have should not be devoured by large entities and greedy people that promise you a quality product and service and then refuse to deliver. They can prey upon the lower income people because they know that there is nothing they can do about it. If you cannot afford a lawyer to fight for you then they can do whatever they want without recourse. If they offer something for $1.00 or for $100,000.00 they should provide what they offer!

No more, no less. BTW I do not think that $5,000.00 is cheap!!!

@Chan

If anyone wants "good service" they have to pay the price. "Good service" almost always means more labor.

More labor costs more money.

So naturally when patients look for cheap dentures, they will not get "good service" fabricating the dentures. The sad thing about this lady's case is most dentists would have saved many teeth, which would have resulted in less trauma, and possibly less cost as well.

I know this person and seen her suffer all this time. These ppl should feel ashame. There has to be more out there.

Affordable Dentures Reviews