Hillview, Kentucky
1.5

I bought a pkg from here. I think it was the best one, my mother-in-law pd for it.

I had my teeth pulled somewhere else. Went and got the temp dentures. Started getting sick which had nothing to do with them, but was unable to go back and get my permanent teeth for several years due to this illness. I called the 800 number and they said the Dr that did the dentures had sold out but the new one should honor the contract.

I called the office and they said they would have to talk to her to see if she would honor the contract or do a refund since it had been so long. They called me back and stated that she refused to do either and if I wanted my dentures I'd have to purchase another package. I tried explaining that all that time II was either in the hospital or at home on a feeding tube and Iv's.

It was like they really didn't care. SO IF ANYBODY ASKS ME ABOUT THIS PLACE I TELL THEM TO RUN IN THE OTHER DIRECTION FAST!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Affordable Dentures Dentures.

Reason of review: not honoring contract.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Affordable Dentures Pros: Idea of getting same day.

Affordable Dentures Cons: Not being able to be put to sleep, Staff.

Comments

In our Affordable Dentures practice, not the one mentioned, the patient has 18 months to come in for their final denture which is given to them in writing. I've learned from experience and people do not listen hi r read their paperwork. Would have issues extending in times of distress, but YEARS is very unreasonable.

I am having the same problem I bought the best package and the Dentist retired after I went in and tried to get them refitted they said the new Dentist would not honor anything from the old Dentist. They said that the time was not correct, and it has been to long the second time I tried to contact them. They are Affordable Dentures, not the Dentist office.

Dentures do not come in a "package" like a digital camera rig. It is a SERVICE that take many appointments to complete correctly, with plenty of phonetic tests along the way.

If you had picked up your dentures after all that time, they would not have fit anyway due to the bone shrinkage that occurred.

Suppose you paid a contractor build a house, then left it vacant and uninsured for 2 years.

Then it burned down. Would you expect a contractor to build you another one for free?????????

@Seasoned Dentist

Well here they sell pkgs is what they're called. They're different levels and prices and at Affordable Dentures you go in early in the morning for impressions to be made and usually you can pick them up late afternoon.

And yes I know that my gums would have shrunk over that time and was willing to pay to have new impressions made but they didn't even want to do that.

So it's their loss. If you are such a seasoned dentist and judging from your attitude I pity anybody that is your patient you overbearing pain in the butt.

@Taylore

There are no decent dentures made in a day. It is an impossibility.

There are too many steps that need to take place to do it properly in a day. Even the plastic used to make dentures take about 8 hours to cure. I don't care what their *** ads say. I've made dentures for 36 years- decent ones that fit and last a long time.

Sorry about your illness, however.

You should have had someone pick up the dentures, so at least they would not have been thrown away. Then you could have relined them later.

@Seasoned Dentist

To the so called seasoned dentist, you are best leaving the buisness and profession of prosthetics to those who are world class experts in this field, ie, denturist's. I am a very knowledgeable and experienced denturist in Alberta Canada and i can tell you, you are very wrong.

To state that great dentures cannot be made in a day is not true. Impressions both preliminary as well as final impressions which are individually border moulded followed by the nathological registration using a pin tracer also known as the *** is then taken at the same time the face bow transfer is taken and everything can then be mounted onto the articulator preferably a hanau or whip mix articulator for setting the teeth. The teeth should be set on the curved template whether they are cusped or flat. So far these procedures have taken approximately 3 hours.

Another hour and a half for setting as well as waxing the teeth.

We now try the teeth in and go through phonetics and aesthetics check and if the patient is satisfied and the *** registration is correct, we finish the dentures, the lab procedures including remounting and milling in on the articulator takes approximately 15 - 20 minutes, from here it is a matter of trimming and polishing, another 30 minutes and then insertion of the dentures. As you can see, yes, a very great accurate fitting, well made dentures are possible within a day, i do this all the time and my patients give me great feed back.

So you waited years?How long are they supposed to store your teeth?Forever?I am sorry if you are sick but you waited years so that is on you.Your Fault..understand?

@Wise old ***

YOUR NOT WISE MORE LIKE A SMART ***!!!! THEY WERE CONTACTED ABOUT MY NOT BEING ABLE TO COME AND WERE TOLD THEY WOULD BE NOTIFIED WHEN ABLE TO COME BACK.

I GUESS YOU'VE NEVER BEEN GRAVELY ILL WHERE YOU 'VE BEEN IN AND OUT OF HOSPITAL ON A WEEKLY IF NOT DAILY BASIS!!!

I GLAD YOUR HEALTH IS GOOD!!! GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

@Taylore

In the law your illness is not their problem.Once that place was sold you lost out.You had an agreement with the old owners not the new ones.And if you would have even bothered calling them more than 1 time in years maybe you could have had a chance...for all they knew they have not heard from you in years remember you could have been dead.The world does not revolve around you just because you are sick...get over yourself!!!Many people are sick but are still responsible.

@me

WELL ME---I never said that my illness was anybody's problem. It was just something that God wished on me for those 10 or so years.

And they were contacted more than once. My husband talked to Dr Thomas himself about what was going on and he said as soon as I was able to bring me in. I was on in home IV's, Feeding Tubes, and O2. And he was working 12-14 hrs a day so even if I had a good day it was impossible to get the 60 miles to see him.

It's fine to sit back and judge people when you don't know anything about them but you think you know everything in the world.

I hope God keeps you safely in his arms cause with your big head, you can't see anything but yourself!!!!!! God Bless You!!!

@me

I concur It was your fault not a valid complaint at all.

Affordable Dentures Reviews