Reston, Virginia

I wrote a review about Affordable Dentures and said the top denture was fine well it's not. After looking in the mirror I saw I had buck teeth.

After going up there 5 or 6 times I just gave up.. They put a soft liner in the bottom denture and after a couple of hours I had to take them out because they hurt so bad I also had blisters on the left and right side of my bottom lip and a couple in the corners of my upper lip after I had some teeth extracted. I was told the upper denture was remade because they had made the gums and teeth to long for my mouth. After I got home and ended up taking them out my husband and I looked at them and it appeared they had been ground down not remade.

The dentist said my teeth ended up that was because that's how my jaw was. I was so upset I couldn't even answer him. I wrote a letter to the Dentist and requested a refund and told him then that after never having buck teeth how is it that at age 65 I now have them. I have never received a reply.

I went to a new Dentist by my home to have new dentures made. I brought with me the dentures made by Affordable Dentures and he was amazed. they are so big and awful and the new dentist asked how I got them in my mouth I TOLD HIM THAT'S WHY I CAN'T WEAR THEM.

SO BUYER BEWARE. I WISH I NEVER WENT THERE.

Product or Service Mentioned: Affordable Dentures Dentures.

Comments

I find it amazing to see all of these ridiculous negative comments regarding Affordable Dentures. Each office is owned and operated by a single dentist. As we all know dentists, like any other professions, have varying degrees of expertise. The Affordable Denture offices specialize in making dentures and extracting teeth. The doctors do more of these in a day then most General Dentists do in a month--making most of the Affordable Denture doctors very good at what they do. Most of the offices will do multiple try ins in wax to fine tune the dentures to patient specifications. Sometimes this requires one to give up 1-3 days with the office to get a new set that will be perfect in cosmetics and function for 10+years. In a general dentist office you can get a similar set, but it will require 4-6 appointments and about 4 weeks turn around time. So you can get a set in 1-3 days with Affordable Dentures or pay 4 times as much money and get a set in 4 weeks with a general dentist. The problem with most of you is that you have unrealistic expectations and you love to complain. You let your teeth rot in your mouth without picking up a tooth brush ever and you blame it on a car accident, or inheriting from your parents ("soft teeth"), or pregnancy, or other dentists messing up your mouth. In 99.9% of all cases its you who has completely neglected your mouth and now you blame the dentist (especially the Affordable Dentures dentist). He or she is only trying to HELP you. A denture is a prosthetic in your mouth, similar to a prosthetic leg. So it is mandatory to be patient and adapt to this. Keep in mind Affordable Dentures gives you 2 months to do this. They will do unlimited free adjustments during this time to help you adapt. Many times they will remake a perfectly good set of dentures if you whine enough. Many times they won't ever charge you for adjustments even after 60 days. Try getting 2 months of free adjustments from your general dentist in private practice.

Regards,

Harris

--A very satisfied patient of Affordable Dentures over the years.

Regards,

Harris

--A very satisfied patient of Affordable Dentures over the years.

Affordable Dentures Reviews