Ladson, South Carolina
2.4

In defense of Affordable Dentures, they are not high end experienced artists. For that level of expertise you'll pay at least $2500 per arch.

$750 is a steal as long as you understand you are not getting a custom, finished product. You are getting a product you will have to customize yourself. Affordable Dentures (for me) provides an economical "base product" for me to customize myself. These dentures are not for novices who think they will walk out with a perfect fitting, perfect looking denture.

Not gonna happen. I've been in an upper denture for nearly 12 years and have learned along the way that no one can make them exactly how I want except for me. It requires some courage, a lot of knowledge, and a lot of patience to create exactly the fit, comfort and look that meets your requirements. The only tool required is a simple dremel with the right bits.

This is where precision and artistry come in. Use a sanding bit to gently smooth down the sharp edges that cut into your gums and/or palate. Use a grinding bit to grind off the excess acrylic on the front of the denture that creates "monkey mouth". Use a detail bit to create natural lines between individual teeth to get rid of the appearance of a single block of teeth with no separation between them (a habit Affordable Dentures has when setting teeth).

Request (and accept) longer teeth than you need. Slowly and carefully shape the teeth with a fine detail bit that allows you to create the exact length and shape of each individual tooth to create your custom look. For instance, I prefer long sharp canines so I spend a lot of time shaping them to the length and sharpness I prefer. Once I have achieved the precise look of the teeth, I go to an actual dentist and have them do a hard reline to mold the denture perfectly to my gums and palate (about $130) for a guaranteed perfect fit.

When all is said and done, I get perfectly custom teeth for $870 rather than $2500. It is a lot of detailed work on my part, but starting with a generic Affordable Denture allows me to customize my look and fit perfectly without paying three times the cost of real custom dentures.

Seriously, you are not going to walk out of Affordable Dentures with custom teeth.

You have to do that part yourself (unless you have $2500 on hand for a real denturist). I save $1630 by using Affordable Dentures as a generic base to create my own perfectly fitting custom denture.

Product or Service Mentioned: Affordable Dentures Dentures.

Reason of review: Fair pricing.

Affordable Dentures Pros: Support staff.

Comments

If you would be so kind, I have 2 questions please.

Could you describe what you mean by "creating lines between the teeth"?

And also; when you go to the dentist for the hard reline....are you speaking of a "chairside hard reline", or where he sends your denture off to the lab?

Thank you in advance, and for the great detailed advise, as well.....Lori

Affordable Dentures Reviews