Robert Whitfield of Advantage Realtors and East Cobb Home Guide
Never do business with Robert Whitfield of Advantage Realtors in Roswell Georgia. In January 2014, he scammed me out of money by claiming he would send me a set of property listings, contact the owners/landlords, and negotiate with them on my behalf. He also claimed that he had years of experience doing this. It turns out everything he told me was a bold faced lie.
First, this thief begged me to send him money OVERNIGHT so that he could get started right away. He told me that he would contact me as soon as the money was in his hand. I ended up contacting him instead and when he called him, his phone gave me a message that said "The number you have dialed is not in service!" This was red flag #1. There were many more red flags that popped up after this. Every day I kick myself wishing that I had never contacted him to begin with.
His homeselling record hasn't been that great the last several years and he filed bankruptcy because he had no money to pay his debt. I just wish I had performed a MUCH DEEPER search on him before "trying" to do business with him and I would have avoided being scammed.
He has a history of stealing money and doing minimal to no work at all and it is only a matter of time before his licenses are permanently REVOKED. He doesn't have an office so this scam artist works from his home located in Roswell and uses a PO Box in Marietta. It is typical of a scam artist to use different addresses to conduct scams.
This *** has at least 7 different home selling websites yet he hasn't sold a home in a year. He was desperate for the money he stole from me and lied about several things from the very beginning, including his past real estate knowledge and experience. He is licensed, unfortunately, and decided to run a scam on me because I lived out of state. He was hoping I would just go away after getting my money. I filed a written complaint with the Georgia Real Estate Commission for an investigation. Another individual filed a complaint with the BBB concerning his practices in 2010. Just go to BBB.org and type in ADVANTAGE HOME BUYER or call them for details about the complaint. He contacted the BBB as well to have them manipulate his rating, however they have not removed him from their system. (As of 2016, this record in the BBB's system no longer exists because he contacted them and was able to have it removed using some scam artist tactics).
He convinced me to send him funds overnight in order to provide me with property listings (Red flag #1). He never would disclose why he needed the money in such a hurry, but questioned why I was in a hurry to move, although he swore he could find me a place to live in a short period of time. Silly me, I sent money to him that he received the following day and he had his phone set up to display to callers that it was out of service! (Red flag #2). I immediately emailed him asking where the listings were. He wrote back stating he would send them later on, claiming to have experienced a "technical glitch".
He sent me listings of properties that were ramshacked and gutted and located in run-down neighborhoods. Why would I have a desire to move into such a neighborhood if I wasn't living in one at the time and had not lived in one in the past? When has anyone ever needed help in order to move to a bad area or a property? People can do that on their own without any assistance. Why hire an agent, or in this case a scam artist?
He claimed he knew how to negotiate with owners, but did absolutely none of that. He never spoke to or emailed anyone, nor arranged an in-person meeting. He also refused to meet with me in person just 2 days after stealing my money. (Red flag #3)
To give you an idea of how desperate he is, he created fake client reviews on his own profile (reviews have the same i.p. address) to make it appear as if he is this sought after expert in the real estate field who knows the ropes. Little did I know that he is the complete opposite. He swears to be a seller of multimillion dollar homes and he doesn't even live in one himself. I found out he has 0 employees, besides his wife who is UNLICENSED, and they live in a home that is only worth about $78,000 (the total assessed value), a far cry from a million. In the past year, he has sold ONLY 1 home, and that home WAS NOT one of the million dollar homes that he advertises on his sites. Ask any realtor to pull his information up in Georgia MLS and give you his home selling record for the past year.
He swears he is a financial expert yet he and and his wife filed bankruptcy listing a number of creditors they couldn't pay off. The financial "advice" he tries to give to individuals obviously hasn't worked for them so why should anyone else listen? An agent who knows what they are doing and is really about business doesn't need to advertise much about what he or she can do. Their work will speak for itself, AND REAL people will actually leave REAL feedback and REAL reviews!
He lists his hobbies on his sites as if they are somehow relevant or influential to a buyer or seller's interests as if homebuyers or sellers *** out agents according to their personal hobbies or interests. Do people actually give a *** about whether an agent collects butterflies in their spare time? LoL, typical square AND sissy who associates himself with the Boy Scouts of America. He claims to be from Tampa, but is actually from Clayton County Georgia. He is too embarrassed to include that in the rest of his phony "portfolio" because Clayton County is considered one of the more downtrodden, high-crime areas of Atlanta that has deteriorated over the years. He made up several lies once he realized that he was in violation of SEVERAL ETHICAL rules, even claiming at one point that he had been "threatened and harassed by me simply because I challenged him about the money he stole.
He is running a scam and I HIGHLY recommend that you look elsewhere!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Scammed out of money
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Product or service
- Advantage Realtors Services
- Review category
- Real Estate
You May Also Like
- "All cited lack of performance for HOA [Home Owners Association] management continue & has retrograded from poor to untenable.Note that G3 provides HOA property management, the subject of this review...."
- "TR REALTY LAS VEGAS NEVADA. Bradford Roberts writes fake reviews for himself on zillow. What a ***. His agents litigate with clients and he encourages that. He pays yelp to..."
- "1,600 rent to live in the ghetto. Don't let them fool you. They show you the 'Model' apt. On the nice side of the property. They will tell you..."
- "Had a package coming from Canada that arrived at ISC New York on August 25. The last scan says "Processed Through Facility ISC New York. That was 22 days ago...."
- "I've sold and bought several things, not to mention, i had great rating. However, today i received an email from them telling me my Chloe bag was not authentic!..."
- "So I ordered this extremely limited edition record from one of my favorite musicians' web stores the day it went on sale. A month later I get the package dropped..."
- "I called them today because my package looks like delivered but I didn't receive it. The woman on the phone was rude and nasty. She told me that people living..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."
- "I purchased a Levian snake ring. It has white and chocolate diamonds. I have sent it back to Levian 5x for repair due to diamonds randomly falling out of the..."