Advanced Foot And Ankle Medical Center - Dr. Hai-En Peng - Excessive X-Rays for Minor Sprain
I took my 14 year old son to visit Dr.Hai-En Peng at his Advanced Foot and Ankle Medical Center located in Thousand Oaks, California July of 2012.
My son had avery minor ankle sprain and I was seeking exercise ideas to help strengthen his ankle. My son had previously seen a pediatrician who told me the sprain was so minor he didn't need X-rays but did think seeing someone who knew exercise tips would be beneficial. I went to see Dr. Peng.
Dr. Peng insisted my son needed an X-ray just to make certain there wasn't any hairline fracture. I figured one X-ray view just to be safe would be O.K. Dr.
Peng took 8 different views.
When I questioned Dr. Peng, he became nervous and told me he took multiple views of every ankle sprain no matter how minor. When I got home I spoke with 2 doctors that I know. One is my brother who is an internal doctor, the other a friend who is a podiatrist.
They both were shocked and said since 3 views is standard, they could not understand why any doctor would take so many. When I told them my son could bare weight on the ankle and there was only minor swelling, both doctors were even more surprised.
I took my son just 2 days later to a physical therapist to get those exercise tips and she just shook her head and told me she didn't think he needed one let alone 8. I called my insurance company and reported it as insurance fraud. Dr.
Peng had the x-ray equipment in his facility and I have read online doctors are much more apt to take x-rays if they have office equipment. When I emailed Dr. Peng and questioned him about so many views, his story changed about giving multiple views to all sprains.
I question any doctor who changes their story.I would never return to this facility.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
You May Also Like
- " PLEASE READ THIS... DO NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR THEM UNTIL ALL YOUR PROCEDURES ARE COMPLETE! I had all my teeth removed painlessly there, that is what I gave them..."
- "I had my dentures reline At affordable denture in gainville fl. They messed up 5,000 $$$ denture . The dentures are now a mess they shaved my porcelain teeth by..."
- "I visited Sono Bello on 07/01/2015 for a laser liposuction procedure in St Louis Mo. I was left with one side of my back larger than the other. ..."
- "SHOCKING DISHONESTY AND FALSE CLAIMS. I was never able to speak to a person. They were supposed to e-mail me when my phone was received and to give me a..."
- "So, I send my 2 balikbayan boxes on August 20th expecting to be in the Philippines around the first week of October. Instead LBC decided to keep my box sitting..."
- " They paid $10,000 are more of expenses for my automobile which if I did not have a warranty I would had paid all out of pockets, they was their..."
- "I was expecting an overnight envelope but it was delayed for a week. Followed up with email and calls but was told due to Thanksgiving, volume is high and just..."
- "I ordered a miu miu shoes online, they came the wrong size so I went to the store itself to exchange them...they did not have them in their inventory. So..."
- "We ordered an organic cotton duvet cover for our queen sized bed, and when it came in the mail the tags said that it was queen sized. However, it's so..."