I moved from downtown Chicago to downtown Palatine for my new job and needed a new mechanic. This place was close to the train station, and I still needed to commute back and forth to work sometimes, so I thought I would try it out.

I took my car in to this shop for basic maintenance right before COVID first hit. They were polite and seemed professional. Then they called and said I needed about a half dozen expensive and complicated repairs on my car (it was running fine, just needed an oil change and some basic things). I took my car to a different place that my roommate recommended.

Turns out I needed absolutely none of the expensive repairs they had tried to get me to purchase. What a bunch of crooks!

Needless to say, the more I have talked to other people now that I live in downtown Palatine the more I hear horror stories about Advanced Auto. There are a lot of really good and honest mechanics on Colfax street - just not this one.

User's recommendation: Beware - this place is not a good one.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Advanced Auto and Truck Repair Cons: Elevated pricing, Dishonest practices, Taking advantage of customers.

Location: New York, New York

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Guest

My family had a simular experience we live nearby too. Liked it a little more than you did but still it is overpriced and yes they wanted to tinker and charge us more than our old truck in reality needed.

Advanced Auto and Truck Repair Reviews