Advance Auto Parts - Review in Equipment category from Amarillo, Texas

54 of 285 Advance Auto Parts reviews

I purchased my item using my debit card.Afterwards i realized that i would not need it so i decided to return the part.

He explained to me that he would have to refund the money to my card instead of cash. After i showed him the attached picture he said " that's assuming the store has that cash on hand." I told him that it should not affect me because their policy only stated a cash refund on debit purchases.

He then told me that the only way tonget cash would be to come back later that day in which he did return my money in a Spiteful manner.I do not feel like i should have had to drive 20 minutes one way four times that day to receive my refund the way that their policy explains.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Turnaround Time

Reason of review:
Problems with payment
Review category
Equipment
review #898913

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Advance Auto Parts? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
54 of 285 Advance Auto Parts reviews
jg501

Dec 09, 2016 #1252919 Lewes, Delaware, United States

This is a gray area.. Yes, you are able to get cash back. But understand, AAP doesn't carry a lot of cash on hand. It's easier for the business and customer (not only at AAP, but anywhere now) to bring your card with you too get your refund.
Think about it like this, how much cash do you carry? Didn't you purchase your items with a card?.. So do 98% of everyone who walks through the doors now. That's why there's a lack of cash.

1 0 Reply

Aug 26, 2016 #1204284 Palm Bay, Florida, United States

I guess it did affect you, since they did not have enough cash to give you at the time. I am sure you remained very polite and understanding. With that said he should not have gotten spiteful with you when he did what you wanted later in the day.

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Advance Auto Parts.
Filing a new complaint about
×