Adultfriendfinder - Ten Years Down the Tube

15 of 220 Adultfriendfinder reviews

I was a blogger on the site for 10 years and my blog was the most popular blog on the site for many of those years.Recently my account was banned and my blog was deleted by the site.

I believe those actions were taken because I spoke out in my blog about deceptive business practices such as allowing transsexual men to use female profiles, using ambassadors to attract new members and the use of a points for cash program which allows female members to earn cash for interacting (sending emails, camming, etc.) on the site. The ambassador program is structured so that female members write emails to new standard members on lists that are provided by the site on a daily basis. The emails are reviewed by the site before they are forwarded to the new members to ensure that they do not discuss the ambassador program or the fact that the women are receiving points for writing to them.

When the standard members receive the emails, the text is blurred so they are unable to read the emails unless they purchase a membership.

I recently started a new blog on Google and it appears that I am allowed more freedom of expression than what was allowed on AFF.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Privacy and Data Security
Coverage Area
Style and Design

• What I liked
    • People that i met
  • What I disliked
    • Business practices and unfair enforcement of the terms of use

Reason of review:
Quesionable Business Practices
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Blogs
Review category
Media
review #925367

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Adultfriendfinder? Submit review ›
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 7 No 7
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
15 of 220 Adultfriendfinder reviews

Feb 10 #1284555

Trannies are very trendy at the moment, you probably should have guessed how it would play out if you mentioned these troubled guys in anything but a breathlessly positive tone.

Feb 12 #1285422 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Somehow you managed to make me giggle. Thank you.
I honestly didn't see foresee a problem with speaking the truth...especially when that person states on his female profile that he isn't really a woman.
I've always believed that speaking the truth is harmless and that deceiving others is wrong, but it seems that the reverse of each is true for that site. I feel as if my good morals were my downfall.

Feb 12 #1285427 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Somehow you managed to make me giggle. Thank you.

Feb 17 #1290078 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

To be honest I didn't foresee things turning out this way. I've always believed that it's okay to speak the truth and that person does state on his "female" profile that he is not a woman. Since standard members can't view profiles a lot of men are fooled into thinking they are interacting with a woman and I feel that it's wrong to deceive people, but apparently AFF is okay with it because they refuse to take action against that member. I've concluded that my morals clash with the way that site operates and I feel much better now that I'm no longer a member.

Dec 20, 2016 #1258487 Houston, Texas, United States

I was banned for life also for no real reason, I was verified and confirmed I bought VIP status and used it, then AFF made my profile private without me asking, so I emailed them and they fixed it, a few days later I was banned from all site owned by them bc I violated the terms, which I did not, the owe me $500 that is the real reason for the ban, at least in my opinion that is the reason. My pics are real and all of my info accurate. I sent an email and they had the nerve to ask me to fax a copy of my ID/DL and credit card to them, WTH what real legit company does that? NONE Also I hear men saying so many women are fake haaaaaaaaaaaa so many men are just as fake. So I believe you 100% when you say how they treated you.

Dec 20, 2016 #1258615 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

I'm sorry that happened to you.
This is shocking, but it's in the site's terms of use...
Termination.
(a) We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your access to or use of the Services, without notice or liability, for any or no reason whatsoever. In addition, we may terminate your Account and any membership and/or subscription with us by sending notice to you at the email address you provided in your application for membership, or pursuant to Section 31 below. Upon termination of these Terms, you will not be entitled to any refund of any unused Subscription Fees or other prepaid amounts. All decisions regarding the termination of Accounts shall be made by us in our sole discretion. We are not required, and may be prohibited, from disclosing to you the reason for termination of your Account, membership or subscription."
Even though they have that policy, I suggest filing a complaint with the Attorney General's office because it sounds like an unfair business practice.
I regret that I became a verified and confirmed member because the site has been hacked twice in the last couple of years and all of my info was in their database. I've read hundreds of complaints by men saying the site has lots of fakes and prostitutes. In the months before my account was deactivated, I was concerned that people might assume that I was a *** because it seemed that I was surrounded by working girls in the blogs. Good luck getting a refund. As you can see, they do not
... Show more

Dec 09, 2016 #1252792 Hixson, Tennessee, United States

Or you got banned for accusing a group of people of doing things they aren't and creating a witch hunt out of it. Transsexual Men are born female and transition to what society deems as male. Would help to know what you're talking about before pointing fingers. Oh and after surgeries all legal documents are changed to the sex the individual would identify as. So those post op Transsexuals are using the correct letter.

0 7 Reply

Dec 10, 2016 #1253059 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

It seems that you are not fully informed about what happened on that site. I am aware that a person has a legal right to use a different gender after they have received a sex change and a revised birth certificate. However, the person that I spoke out about has not had a sex change. He states on his profile that he is not a woman yet he uses a female profile. Since a lot of members can't view profiles they are being deceived into thinking that the man who is wearing a wig and a dress is a female.
Since leaving the site, I have learned that there are other people like him who are using female profiles. I had no idea that Anastasia was a man, but now that I'm informed I see the obvious clues. The build of her body in her other profile pics should have been a red flag.
I don't think men who are searching for biological women should have to sort through T and F profiles to find real women.

3 1 Reply

Jan 03 #1264753

LOL just keep telling yourself that buddy.

6 0 Reply

Jan 03 #1264775 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Thanks for commenting. I think DNA defines who is male and who is female. Hormone treatments and surgery doesn't change a person's DNA. Therefore I think of a post-op T as a T, not a female or a male.
Currently some countries identify T's as women after they've undergone a gender change simply because they've not yet passed laws to recognize the 3rd gender. I'm eager for all countries to recognize the third gender so that the confusion related to T's and F's will be eliminated.

Nov 29, 2016 #1247605 Bogart, Georgia, United States

Sandra, I was one of the lucky ones and a year ago, I did find a nice lady, we are still together, She was also on the site for 5 years,I have been on the site for 5 years, patience is the key, company " plants" fake profiles, not proper disclosure of gender, has become the norm for the last year or more. also in last 6 months the amount of down time the site sees, loss of use of IM and chats for days..the inability to get issues corrected in a timely manner are just a few of the today's AFF issue.
Not sure that all know about all the parallel sites that use the AFF data under some of these other names:
HotMatch.com
AffairLink.com
FucknowMobile.com
and if you google any of the popular profile names you can find them on 30-40 other sites world wide. So we know that any information given to them is widely dispersed... Sandra, It was good to chat with you yesterday, I hope again soon somewhere... It is good to find you and again be entertained, educated, informed and our eyes filled with the beauty we have missed ...Ray

Nov 29, 2016 #1247779 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Congratulations to you and the lucky lady! I feel lucky too since I made so many friends on the site and many are now real life friends too. One time I found a boyfriend, but the relationship ended years ago and now we are just best friends. I would like for it to be more than that, but he isn't open to dating anyone at this point in his life.
I agree that patience in the key. I fear that my profile will now be used to lure new members. Someone told me that he was recently presented with an ad to pay to see my Sexy_SandraD profile even though my account was deactivated around July or August of this year.
I think that allowing people to use profiles that do not match their gender is very deceptive. In addition to that, I noticed that straight people are not allowed to voice their views or preferences without retribution.
I experienced lots of issues with IM and chat. I had an issue with my blog header disappearing that had existed for maybe 6 month or longer and was unresolved when my account was deactivated by the site.
The sites that I am most familiar with are AFF, Xmatch and Passion, but I am aware that there are many more. I blogged about the parallel sites in my new blog. I explained that one of the reasons why some men assume that straight men are bi or *** is because they are listed on *** sites.
Ray I had a great time chatting with you and I hope that you will visit me at my new Google blog from time to time. If you don't want to chat
... Show more

Nov 29, 2016 #1247593 Bogart, Georgia, United States

I to am a current member of the AFF community and have several profiles on some of their sites, in the last year I have been approached by what I perceive as "company plants" to try to pull "points" ( which are directly related to MONEY) as of this date 29-Nov-16 there are at least 6-10 of these each week, It is so obvious that any one can spot these FAKE profiles... but not much has been done, the Pay for Play, as a lot call it has removed all but a very few real women on the site. It is a shame that such a nice working site has turned into chaos...
Sandra it is good to see you back, I and others missed you and your blogs..much less the scenery!!!! and again thanks for being my number one fan.....Ray

Nov 29, 2016 #1247632 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Thanks Ray for sharing your observations and experience with the site. It is a shame that real women looking for sex or a relationship are so hard to find on that site now. It's used to be a great place to make connections.
It was great to see you again, but the site closed my account so now you will need to visit me on Google if you want to stay in touch. Just look for me under this name and you will find me.

Nov 11, 2016 #1239188 Seattle, Washington, United States

Hello Guy from AFF been wondering where you disappeared to? I firmly see everything you have discussed, and I see it clearly through many of there ways. Indeed actually connecting with someone on the site is surely an obstacle and difficult than what is promoted on the site. Miss you writing everything, you are one of the best, and deeply love the deep thoughts and writings. Hope you have a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving, GOD continue to blessed and encourage you everyday! sincerely, Jim

2 1 Reply

Nov 11, 2016 #1239236 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Thanks for the sweet response and for confirming that what I shared is true. They are now sending emails to new members to notify them about the ambassador program even though they choose their words wisely and do not actually refer to it as the "ambassador program". The points for cash program is not discussed in that email message.
If you google my profile name, you will find my new blog. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving too. Hugs!

Bob

Oct 28, 2016 #1233109

Dating sites typically have more than a thousand men for each real female. This makes females a powerful lure to try to get alpha males to hand over their credit card digits.
Several sites secretly give women free accounts for this reason.
If the scammer dudes from Accra Ghana don't create enough fake women profiles, several sites create their own "shill" accounts used by staff or outsiders paid to chat up men to give them false hope of overcoming the numerical odds.
Do not forget the lessons that came out of the Ashley Madison ***, that when people deleted accounts they were not actually deleted, many accounts were staff run fakes called "shills" to make the site look better than it really was.
Lastly, despite all of the fakes, the ratio was still 1000 men to each female.
I would not trust any web site with my true accurate information like photo, street address, phone number or my credit card digits. It's just too insanely risky.

2 0 Reply

Nov 01, 2016 #1234789 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

You've made some excellent points.
The things that you've mentioned do not help people connect in the real world. The Rolling Stone article about spammers and bots that was published earlier this year was extremely enlightening. That info along with what I learned from personal experience gave me a new perception about sex dating sites. I'm skeptical that I will ever waste my time joining one again.

Oct 09, 2016 #1224553 Warsaw, Missouri, United States

I have had family health issues in the last few months and haven't had the time to log in and post on AFF, but I agree with you Sandra, AFF was a time bomb waiting to go off as they treated people differently and arbitrarily on what they posted. You know me better as the Hideeho and Erato6969 on AFF who posted almost nothing but pictures and cartoons. Long time blogger myself and they kicked me off 3 times for pictures that were not controversial.
Hope you are doing well, stay safe and good luck girl!

2 0 Reply

1-20 of 25 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.