Hello fellow anglers! I recently purchased three of the new Blair Wiggins Signature series flats blue rods. I purchased the 7.2', 7.9' and the 8.0' rods. I was shocked initially when I opened the shipping cartons and pulled out these thin little rods and immediately was concerned that I made a big mistake.
I fish from the Jetty's on SPI and catch large King fish, Hour Jacks and bull reds. My concerns were realized the second time I took the 8.0 ' rod out to the jetty. I cast a 1 oz. rattle trap (correctly with bail open for you skeptics) and to my surprise and disappointment the rod simply snapped behind the second eye.
I logged on to Addictive Fishing web site to express my frustration (nicely, no profanity) and once I posted the pictures of the broken rod on the web site I was blocked within 1 hour of doing so! How sad that they shut me down that fast! I guess they only like and allow the gushy I love you and your product *** that the little kids and want to be fishing captains post. But how dare I state the truth about these over rated twigs they sell!
My opinion is that the flats blue rods suck and have a definite issue with strength and durability at the tip! and the Addictive fishing website is determined to only post the sickly sweet reviews from the ones they pre-screen for content. Shame on them and the product manufacturer for not accepting both good and bad reviews so that they may improve on the products they sell.
Very pissed customer,
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Blair Wiggins Flats Blue Signature Series Rods
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I received a $50 Debit card from T-Mobile issued by CitiBank ( a risky and frustrating process alone). At no time was I advised or did I agree to an..."
- "When I first had exede and when i went over my data allowance, on my slowed speeds (400kbps) I could still do pandora (requires 64kbps min.), magicjack (requires 200kbps min.),..."
- "I sit hear and read all these interesting comments and it just baffles me at the way people communicate their feelings. If anyone has ACTUALLY taken the time to..."
- "My programmable Honeywell thermostat blow up & caused smoke. I was out at work & came home and saw wall had some smoke on it. The house smelled very bad...."
- "We purchased a two couches that were a mixed leather blend as well as a 5 Year Warranty that went along with it. The salesman at the time assured us..."
- "I ordered the "Meet your dream" Bouquet/Teddy bear/Chocolates combo from Phoolwala.com. They charged me an extra Rs.400 for delivery charges to that small town. I ordered this bouquet for a..."
- "I live in Arizona so I thought I would drive to their listed location in Gilbert, Arizona to check them out. Not a big surprise they do not exist! They..."
- "Do Not buy a Dr Horton Home! They knew about faulty water pipes well before they sold us our home in 2012. They couldn't care less about the damage..."
- "We purchased one of the towable units, model 2106DS. We chose Winnebago because of their reputation and being a longstanding company in the industry. We figured they were doing something..."