"Purchased" two furniture items two years ago for $1800 on a contract. Was never given a payoff amount, now I know it was because there wasn't one, it was a contract for time.

Each time I called to have the purchase explained to me I was never given any information. Was told I had to come in person to "pay it off" when I inquired about how to do that. NO EXCEPTIONS. I missed a payment and two thugs showed up at my place of employment in a white van to harass me.

I wasn't there so they shared all of my information with people that I work with in addition to making multiple phone calls to friends and family to tell them they needed to talk to me. It ended up I paid 6700 for this furniture. When we went to pay it off, we had to ask for a transaction detail of the purchase and payments. Very evasive.

The mental stress put on me from this company has been abusive. I tried so many times to call them to try to have them explain the contract to me and they would not.

Their tactics are horrific and likely illegal. Stay away from this company at all cost.

Product or Service Mentioned: Acceptance Now Furniture Leasing.

Comments

Contract usually means that you are in a rental agreement - not an outright purchase. A bill of sale or invoice is usually what is provided for a sale.

Hello, I work for Acceptance Now. We certainly never want our customers to feel this way and we would really like to look into your account further and see if there's anything we can do to help. Whenever you get the chance, please give our customer service team a call at 1-800-422-8186.

Acceptance Now Reviews