Chicago, Illinois

I recently pruchased a Furniture Set from Value city using RAC Acceptance, and it has been the worst experience of my life to say the least! The employees are rude, no one ever gives a direct answer to any question that I ask concerning billing!

To make a long story short, I purchased the furniture set with the option to buy after four months. After four months and careful consideration of the finance charges, I decided to voluntarily return the furniture as my contract describes is available with NO PENALTY! The furniture is still in excellent condition. I called RAC acceptance to notify them of the return and let me just say that they were extremely rude and They threatened that this would go on my credit report as a repossession!!!

THIS IS NOT IN MY CONTRACT AGREEMENT!!! IS THIS WHAT THE RAC ACCEPTANCE PROGRAM IS ALL ABOUT???

IF SO IT NEEDS TO BE BANNED BY LAW!!! MY LAWYER WAS CONTACTED IMMEDIATELY AND RAC ACCEPTANCE WILL NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS!!!

Comments

This review looks like it was posted by Jeremiah Wise. You can contact him by calling his phone number (708) 307-2828. Maybe you can convince him to remove the post if he did post it.

#622000

Read contracts before you sign them and then pay your bills....you will find that you have nothing to worry about.

If you keep the furrniture and make on time payments it will reflect well on your credit report. if you cannot pay or you return it, then it will show as a REPO or collections.

It is in the contract. So if you think this is a shock its not

FYI Cheryl w/ RAC- Unlike Rent A Center, the RAC Acceptance side DOES report to Experian.

Jwise5- You can request a Bullseye report directly from Experian or call Customer Care. And it will reflect as a repo. No penalty just means they won't charge you extra for returning.

if they do not report to credit then why do they say they help build ur credit one room at a time???

Cheryl, you might want to inform yourself on the RAC Acceptance side of RAC. They do report to credit. This is one of the many benefits of using RAC Acceptance.

Hi – I work at Rent-A-Center and I’m very sorry to hear about your recent experience with RAC Acceptance. I can assure you that we do not report to any credit bureaus, so renting from us will neither hurt nor improve your credit rating.

That being said, what you’ve described is not how we want customers to be treated and it should certainly be reported.

Please give our Customer Care team a call at 1-800-422-8186 so they can get some more information about what happened and make things right. Thanks.

Acceptance Now Reviews