Saint Louis, Missouri

My car was repossessed by RAC in October because I was two months behind in my payments. I have been out of work for 3 years and receiving no unemployment.

Since May I was caring for my sister who was suffering from terminal cancer. At the time of the repossession and immediately thereafter, my sister was literally dying. She passed away two weeks after the repossession. I immediately contacted an attorney and determined I would file a Ch.

13 in order to redeem my car. I called RAC and advised them within 2 days that I was filing Ch. 13. They told me to call back with a case number after I had filed.

I have letters received from RAC indicating that the deadline for redeeming my car was 12/10/12 - - next Wednesday! Yesterday, 12/5/12, I called RAC Bankruptcy Center and advised that I would be filing that day. My attorney filed the documents and faxed a letter indicating I had filed and providing the case number by 3:00 p.m. He then talked to someone at RAC Bankruptcy who advised the sale would be stopped and the location of my car.

Today we learned that my car has been sold at auction. It was sold some time yesterday. I might add that my car is in excellent condition, low mileage, a very sharp car. If my car cannot be retrieved, which my attorney doubts it can, I will sue RAC for damages and will demand the value of my car, plus punitive damages.

They are in breach and violated federal and state laws. This is causing me a great deal of emotional stress on top of the enormous grief I am experiencing because of the death of my sister. I know they don't care if my whole family died. In the end, it is business.

I might add, because of my poor credit history, my loan was at 14% simple interest. ***, but I didn't even realize it was simple interest until months later. I have paid for that car a couple of times over and now this happens.

I am beyond sick and outraged.

Comments

FYI: "REGIONAL ACCEPTANCE" does car loans etc. RAC Acceptance is a different company and they generally deal in furniture and household items.

I have been working for RAC acceptance for about 3 months now and we do furniture and electronics...No cars.. sorry buddy called you out on that one.

RAC ACCEPTANCE, NOR RENT A CENTER EVEN HANDLES ANYTHING TO DO WITH AUTOMOTIVES. LOL I COULD TELL THIS WAS A BULL *** STORY WITH A 10 SECOND GOOGLE SEARCH. *** OFF LOSER AND GO DIE WITH YOUR SISTER OF CANCER.

Acceptance Now Reviews