Las Vegas, Nevada

My husband and I purchased a Living Room set through Ashley Furniture. We weren't approved for the Ashley card, so they recommended Acceptance Now.

We had just moved to another state and didn't have the funds to pay it upfront. Now that we are more established we called to see if we can make some additional payments to pay it off faster and we were told that we couldn't do that. Its either pay it in full or make the monthly payments. I was actually given 2 different stories from the customer service rep I spoke with.

The first reason that you can't make additional payments is because apparently they don't have anywhere to put the extra money you pay and their employees have stolen money. The other reason was that its a way for the company to make more money...YEs, the rep actually said that. I was so aggravated after hearing that.

They don't tell you that you can't make additional payments from the beginning and for them to do this to people is AWFUL!!!! I will NEVER deal with this company again and don't recommend that anyone else does either.

Product or Service Mentioned: Acceptance Now Furniture Leasing.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: I want to be able to make additional payments to pay this off more quickly.

Acceptance Now Pros: Furniture.

Acceptance Now Cons: Tactics.

Comments

My husband and I saw this story and thought we wrote it. We have had the exact same experience.

When we tried to pay it off we were told we couldn't and then when we confronted the sales associates boss she claimed we had never come into the store at all.

Then the price for our sofa doubled. We owe more now than the original purchase price after paying over 1300.00

Hi there, I work for Acceptance Now. We'd be happy to look into your account and see if we can help clear things up.

Please give us a call at 1-800-422-8186 as soon as you get the chance. Thank you.

Acceptance Now Reviews