Cedar Hill, Texas

I've been paying insurance on my products since December and my tablet and laptop were stolen out of my car cause it was broken into.

Now they are telling me that it is my fault and they won't replace them. They sold me on if anything happens to it the products will be fully covered.

The staff there is very GHETTO and unprofessional.

The guy talking to me is telling me they won't cover the product because I'm irresponsible for leaving them in my car. What he doesn't know is that he might not have a job next week after I get a hold of corporate and let them know the deal along with my police report.

Comments

who is the best person to talk to regarding RAC. I need to know the name and contact numbers of RAC CEO.

im really pissed off.

they are not helping you but draining you up to your last breathe. :(

LOL. You won't get anyone fired.

I love when our customers say that. Corporate is worse than we are. They'll take your complaint and then it will be forwarded to a District Manager, who will call the store and speak to the person who had the issue with the customer. EVERY TIME this has ever happened, we laugh about how ridiculous the customer is.

Should have read the contract. ;)

@Anonymous

You say that you should read the contract but that is no excuse for ripping people off. You should be careful about how you treat customers, after all, they are your bread and butter and crooked businesses get brought down every day. And while you're are being rude and nasty to people your administration/higher ups are getting fat pay checks and hiring people like you to do their dirty work.

Hi there, I work at Rent-A-Center, and we definitely know how upsetting having your car broken into can be. We’d like to try and help you as best we can.

Since you were enrolled in the Benefits Plus (i.e. product insurance) program then there's certainly a chance your laptop and tablet are covered, especially if you have an official police report. The best thing to do is to give our Customer Care team a call to see how they can assist.

You can reach them at 1-800-422-8186. Thanks, and I hope this helps!

@Stephen

Dear Stephan,

How much more do they stick in your quarterly bonus for you to come on this site, and try to be so kind, as to offer help to these poor people that have been taken by this unethical corporation? Please, I was employed by RAC, within a 6 month period, I wasn't able to look at myself in the mirror. But, I stayed for a time, and saw more and more BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES!!!

I could not keep ripping these people off. Don't get me wrong, I'm no angel, but I do have some morals left, luckily!

Someday, I hope you can see, what I have seen, heard and been a part of. And really know the company you work for

is absolutely has the worst customer service practices that I have ever seen in my life.

Acceptance Now Reviews