New York, New York
2.1K views

I had a credit from Bob's Discount Furniture in Manchester NH I purchased a living room set that was more money than my credit, I was going to finance through Wells Fargo through Bob's but my salesman suggested that I go through Acceptance Now he told me they were interest free and I could finance longer than I could with Wells Fargo and as long as I made my payments on time. They never once told me that there was a charge to finance through them as long as the payments were not late.

I agreed and purchased the furniture through them. I told them I wanted to use my credit of $430.00 to *** the price of furniture and then finance the remainder. She agreed She told me they do not send a bill in the mail and I would have to make my payments online or in the store. She said my first payment would be due 5/15/14 I signed up online to make my first payment but it would not let make the payment online I called Minnie Palmer at Acceptance Now in Bob's Furniture She told me that I have to pay the first payment in the store so I did.

I paid my next payment online on 6/15/14. I then noticed that I still owed the same amount of money as the furniture originally cost. I called Bob's Furniture they connected me to a girl named Leslie I asked her why the furniture did not go down in the price at all since they were suppose to take my $430.00 off and I made 2 payments of 172.54 she did not no what to tell me so she transferred me to her manager Minnie Palmer I again asked her what happened to my $430.00 I gave her to *** my furniture she then told me it went toward my payments for 5/15/14 and 6/15/14 I then explained to her that I paid both of those payments I paid the 5/15/14 payment in the store with her and the 6/15/14 payment online. she told me she did not see any payments made by me and told me she used my $430.00 to pay those 2 payments.

I was then so furious I again told her I made those 2 payments and I had proof through my bank, she told me you did not make your payments and the $430.00 was put toward those payments which didn't make sense because the 2 payments were less money than $430.00 any way. I then told her I wanted my $430.00 back she said sorry there is no refunds, I told her that is fraud and that was illegal I also told her I was going to file a fraud complaint with the BBB and she told me do what you want you did not make any payments and I used the $430.00 you gave me for the 2 payments. I was so upset I literally had chest pains. I went online and looked up my bank information got a copy of the receipts for the 5/15/14 & 6/15/14 payments I then went to Bob's Furniture and tried to show Ms Palmer the receipts she would not look at them and still stated I did not make my payments she then said she would not deal with me and asked me to leave.

I told her I was not leaving that store until she told me were my $430.00 was. Once again she said it went toward my May and June payments. I then said I'm calling the cops if you do not explain to me were my money went. she finally looked at my receipts and said oh I guess you did make the payments I'm human I make mistakes I turned and looked at her computer screen and both my payments I made were right in front of her on her on the screen.

I said to her what kind of scam are you running here it was right in front of her and she lied. So I again said there are my payments now were is my $430.00 she again said they went to pay your 5/15/14 & 6/15/14 payments the same payments I just proved to her I paid the same payments I seen on her computer screen. I said I'm done with this scam your trying to pull on me. I then told her to give me my money back and come pick up the furniture she said sorry we do not refund.

I asked her if I paid my payments myself what happened to my $430.00 she then tried to think of something to say and said it was for your delivery, I told her Bob did not charge me for delivery, she then told me it went toward a processing fee. I said $430.00! I told her to try again. Then she told me it was for and insurance policy in case I got sick and could not pay for the furniture I then told her when I went online to pay my payment I noticed the bill was about $30.00 more than it should have been and I called you and you already told me this same excuse she told me it was an insurance policy to pay for the furniture if I got sick.

I told her I did not want it and never authorized that policy she then stated she would removed it. After I explained this to her she did not know what to say so she told me again the $430.00 I gave her went toward the payment for 5/15/14 & 6/15/14. and asked me to leave again. She was so rude to me and lied over and over to me I told her I was filing a fraud complaint and she told me to go ahead.

I need help this company has stolen my money and scammed me I wonder how many other honest consumers are scammed by this company, not to mention the never told me that most of my payment would go to them and hardly nothing to the purchase. I will never do business with this company again or with Bob's furniture.

Comments

Same circumstance. All the way from down by the border in Eagle Pass, TX.

THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING TO ME RIGHT NOW IN MASSACHUSETTS. I CONTACTED THE BETTER BBB AND ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE.

YOU STORY IS MY EXACT STORY DIFFRENT PRICES. EXCEPT WE GOT SUCKED IN WITH THE 90 DAY INTEREST FREE SCAM. I WANT TO FILE A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT. THESE CORPERATE CRIMINALS SHOULD NOT BE ALOUD TO DO THIS TO PEOPLE.

THEY DID NOT DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO ME, THEY LIED TO MY FACE, THEY CAN'T TELL ME WHERE MY MONEY WENT AND THEY SCREWED ME. I AM WORKING WITH A MEDIATOR FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE TO HELP US AND I NEED PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING. IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED ON NAILING THESE CONARTISTS TO THE WALL PLEASE CONTACT ME MishieMH@outlook.com.

THE MORE PEOLE AND COMPLAINTS WE HAVE THE BETTER AND THE ATTORNEY GENERAL WILL GO AFTER THEM LEGALLY. DON'T LET BOB'S AND ACCEPTANCE NOW GET AWAT WITH THIS!!

#1220289

I'm dealing with them now we purchased 2,300$ worth of furniture through them and in November .. were told if the full amount owed wasn't paid in 90 days they were going to triple the debt now the my 2300 turned into almost 6000 and we payed 200 a month til July and now our balance is 4000 ..

I feel so scammed because it should be paid off by now.. I wish I never even used it

@Anonymous

I'm in pa and dealing with them also. They are now trying to charge 12 percent interest on the 90 day same as cash deal and refuse to take more than what your payment for the month is.

Who the *** refuses money. They tried to say it's in the contract but I can tell you nowhere in that contract does it state you can't pay ahead.

I'm

Filing a complaint with the FTC. There is no way I'm putting up with this.

FRAUD, THEFT IF I CAN SO I WILL.

They did the same to me and I'm am going to file a suit against them. It's a shame what their doing to the consumers.

We all deserve our money back. No one have money to give away.

They should let people know that less then half of my will go towards the furniture. If other companies got together and not allowed Acceptance Now to cheat the consumers they wouldn't be getting away with it now.

Thanks for the information about bobs discount i know now not to do business with that company

I went through the same exact thing in west Springfield Massachusetts! If anyone is ever considering using them PLEASE DON'T!!!! Save yourself the headache!

Ditto ..same BS with acceptance now. Complete rip off!

I tell everyone we know to steer clear of them. They scam you out of thousands of dollars.

You end paying triple the cost of your furniture! !!

Hi, I work with RAC Acceptance and I’m sorry to hear you’re having some trouble with your payments. I know that we never want our customers to feel this way about their experience and we apologize for any distress this may have caused you.

We’d like to speak with directly to see how we can help get this resolved, so please give us a call at 800-422-8186 as soon as you get a chance. Thank you.

@Jana

Thats a bunch of ***,I called that number and got nothing but a run around!

I understand, Acceptance Now is such a fraud, I am also going through a mountain of bull.... with them.

Acceptance Now Reviews