Mesquite, Texas

My husband and I went shopping for a bed. Found one we liked that was expensive, but we deserved it and decided to treat ourselves.

We had almost all the money to pay off the bed right then and there (1500). However, the Acceptance Now lady at the Ashley Furniture store told us that that was not needed because her company helps let us pay off early AND they report to the credit bureaus. So, we decide to do it her way. About 6 payments (including two double payments) later, I call to try to see how much we had left to pay off.

We had already paid almost a full 1000, mind you. She told me we had 1457.58 left to pay. I was confused. Then I spoke to a different lady and she said, "She must not have told you how the program works.

If you want to pay off early, you have to come in with a lump sum because out of your monthly payments, only 30% is going to the principal." Obviously, I was outraged. Why would I pay double payments that 30% of is only going to principal if I could've saved that money to put towards the lump sum THAT I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT to pay off this bed?? So, we are out about an extra $980.

And now we have to save 1457.58 in time to pay this bed off before all these other charges jump on our total. NEVER AGAIN!

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

They will try to rip you off,Kiss my ***,Im glad i skipped town on you *** and sold the sectional sofa i purchased

This also happened to me I returned the bed room set they wouldnt take the bed because of a little stain but they were the ones who took the plastic covering off and left me and my husband with a bill of almost $800.00 never again the are full of it and they never called to find out if I ddnt go into the store to see how much was left on my payment I would have thought I was done and the lady also tryed to get smart with me an I also payed over 1000

I bought a bedroom set from American signature furniture I did the 90 day same as cash option I missed the 90 day by only 5 days , they added almost 600 to my balance because they said I go in a regular leasing agreement, which is still outrageous. They never explain all the details when signing up through this company

@krissy

IS the 90 day cash option only include your balance and taxes? or do they still charge you a fiance charge?

Hi, I work with Acceptance Now and I’m sorry to hear that there’s been a little confusion with your payments. We always want to be as transparent as possible about the rental and payment process, so it’s concerning to hear that this might not have been the case.

We’d definitely like to get in touch with you and help get to the bottom of what might have happened, so please give us a call at 800-422-8186 as soon as you get a chance. Thank you.

Acceptance Now Reviews