Elgin, Texas

I purchased a furniture set for $1,495.00 from Aladdin's Furniture Store in Marble Falls, Texas, but when I could not make the 90 same as day purchase I continued making monthly payments for close to a year assuming my payments were going towards the original purchase price. When I called to get my balance about 10 months later I was told that I was locked into a "Lease Agreement" for $4,908.71 tax included.

This was never explained to me at the time of purchase and I never received a copy of the contract or lease agreement until I asked for it only recently. I complained and they agreed on a large pay-off amount of close to $1,000.00 over what I had already paid over that year. They are also charging me tax on each months balance which does not seem fair.

I refused to pay the large payoff amount and I am currently speaking with my lawyer about what options I have. My advise is to never do business with Aladdin's Furniture Store or acceptance now.

Product or Service Mentioned: Acceptance Now Furniture Leasing.

Reason of review: Unreasonable Lease Fees.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Acceptance Now Cons: I dont care attitude, Priceing method, High interest rates.

• Aladdins Furniture

Comments

We purchased a sectional and a t.v through acceptance now from Hefner's furniture in Poplar Bluff, MO in April 2015. We were told that it was like going through Rent One or Rent A Center.

We were told we could pay it off in 3 months, if we were able, and it would still go as good towards our credit. The lady who works for them said it would be better for us if we were able to pay it off early to avoid having to pay a lot of interest. Our payments are $178 a month. Our total was $1800.

We called today to find out what our balance was and were told if we paid it off today it would be almost $1700!!!! And we were told for the first time today that it was a lease agreement!!! We know what a lease is and we were never told it was a lease! We were told it was rent to own!!

We would never have agreed to lease furniture!!! Acceptance Now is not worth your business!! Save up and pay cash!!!

So now we are either stuck with paying over $3000 for something that was supposed to be $1800, or tell them to come take it and lose all our money we have paid on it, have it reported as bad credit, and end up still paying for the remainder of what they don't resell it for!!! Companies like this just keep the struggling people knocked down!!

I'm in Ohio, They never want to tell me my balance in January was told $700 six months later their still telling me $700 & I've been paying $168 every month, they've been caught in several lies already...

Hello, I work for Acceptance Now. We'd be happy to look into your account further and see if there is anything we can do to clear things up.

Please reach out to our customer care team at 1-800-422-8186 whenever you get the chance. Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you.

Acceptance Now Reviews