4330 N State St, Jackson, MS 39206, USA
1.2

We bought some furniture from a store and they encouraged us to finance with them! We were hesitant but they sure sold us on it!

We signed the massive amount of paperwork and thought we had a payment of $240. Our payment is actually a lot more than that and we are a member of some Benefit Club with their company that we were told was mandatory or we could not finance but it was included in the payment. My husband has been making the payment every month. This month his card had been compromised online and he was waiting on his new card so he asked me to pay it.

I went online as he gave me the login information and was appalled at what I saw. We had 2 agreements. One for a RAC Benefits Plus Discounts at the price of $12.99 + tax for a total of $14.03. The second agreement was for our furniture and had a Rental charge of $243.99 and a Waiver fee of $24.40 + fee of $15.00 and tax of $22.67 for a total monthly payment of $306.06.

Big difference. I called the Customer Service Dept. and was told they couldn't look up my account. They transferred me to the store.

When asking the manager about all the extra fees she basically said well I think the Waiver is liability and we joined a Benefit Club and the $15.00 was a late fee. She said you don't have to join the club but they recommend it and if you have homeowners insurance you won't be charged the Waiver which is liability insurance. Hmmm....We've been paying this for 2 years. We were never told about the liability insurance and were told we had to join the club it was mandatory.

Now I am finding out different. They are not willing to remove or refund. Yes I know we signed the contract but they should have asked if we were homeowners and had insurance and it was optional to join the club! That's just good business!

This company is shady for sure as I was lied to by one of the reps at the Corporate office twice and the store manager was extremely rude and not helpful at all. We are now awaiting a call from the District Manager. I really don't expect much but we shall see!

Stay away if you are smart!!! Just our opinion!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Acceptance Now Furniture Leasing.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Acceptance Now Cons: Not know this was a rental companylied to aboutclubandwaiver.

Comments

"Stay away if you are smart!!!Just our opinion!!!!"

Unlike you huh?

You never should have signed anything you didn't fully understand.

How *** can you people be? Here's the deal: they finance no-credit idiots like you in exchange for high interest rates.

Of course they are going to penalize you for paying down ahead of schedule. How do you think they make money???

@Anonymous

You probably work for them, so hush. No one asked your opinion, you're probably a scammer Too

No sympathy here.

Hello, I work for Acceptance Now. We certainly never want our customers to feel this way and we appreciate you letting us know.

We're glad to hear that you've spoken with our team, as we definitely want to look into this to see if we can help. Please don't hesitate to reach back out to us at 1-800-422-8186 if you have any questions.

Another typical example...blame them for YOUR failures! You not even knowing the amount of your payment, is a dead giveaway you didn't even have the common sense to read what you were signing before you agreed to those terms! Absolutely, positively incredible!!!

@Anonymous

Actually, it is another example of Acceptance Now's deceptive and unethical business practice and the *** job they offer consumers.

@Anonymous

Have some class, very pathetic

I have the same issue! I was paying for benefits i knew nothing about let alone used.

I brought an item@ about 1200 dollars and not allowed to pay extra to pay it down...and unlrds i do early buy out because im outside if the 90 days!

Im paying almost $4000 !!! Not worth it!!!

Acceptance Now Reviews