2.3K views

I want to know how this company can get away with charging me so much with no having no knowledge of it. The bedroom set was $1800.00 after all my payments it is gonna cost me $5179.00.

How is this legal? I never heard any of this when I was signing the papers. I am really thinking about hiring a lawyer. This is ***.

When I called they said, I am renting the bedroom set, till it's paid off, Are they kidding me? Does anyone else have this problem? I am so confused how they think they can get away with this.

Any comments will help, please please. Now I have to keep writing

Product or Service Mentioned: Furniture Set.

Reason of review: final price.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Final cost.

Comments

DilapidatedBottleNosedDolphin937

Is there a lawsuit? I am Dealing with it now and I am Sooo pissed. I don’t know how would this be legit!

TenseHeron
to DilapidatedBottleNosedDolphin937 #1676637

I am ready for that! Accaptance now is a scam

Yes we are currently dealing witd The same issue and we are thinking of hiring a lawyer to help us build a case . Meantime I will report them to better business bureau .

we should start a lawsuit this is predatory lending

to ARNDRA HATCHER #1652286

Yes, i am about. I have paid and i am getting threatening calls.

DilapidatedBottleNosedDolphin937
to ARNDRA HATCHER #1676633

I am waiting to sign, it is the worst decision we ever made! This company needs to be shutdown immediately before other people will be fooled just like me!

TenseHeron
to ARNDRA HATCHER #1676635

I am ready for that lawsit. They have a district manager for Illinois called Tracy James...she us unethical and her employees do threaten people with getting arrested.

Just for info value city furniture no longer have them. They were kicked out

It is so amusing with some of these people!!! Doesn't it somewhat depends on a person's credit?

Did they qualify to get any type of financing? Isn't like a bank loan? Doesn't it cost extra when someone takes out a loan to get something from anywhere? Why would someone think that he or she doesn't have money to pay upfront and also doesn't have enough credit, some company or institution is going to give them free money?

Why? What happened to that simple understanding?

I am paying 8000.00 dollar for a 1600.00 bed

I purchased a full bed room set totaling 3,200 after tax I was told I could pay in 5 payments so I made double payments of 400 for 3months when I called to make final payment told me was passed 90 days and interest is additional 2800 I refuse to pay. I do I join law suit I was never told that it would go to original purchase price. after 90days in fact I ask if I could make 5 payments instead of 3 the rep said no problem .

Type ypayment at $238 a month. So I should have had a little over $1700 plus tax and fees to left, NOPE according to Acceptance NOW, because I didn't pay within 90 days, it defaulted into a 36 month agreement which makes the furniture cost 3x then what it was sold for.

THIS WAS NEVER disclosed to me at the time, a contract was never given to me stating SO, I have had several conversations with them and they will not budge, pure deceitful company and the worst employees ever. They call you the day payment is due and if you don't answer they will harass you until you pick up the phone and give them an exact date and time you will be paying. They have threatened to file a theft charge with my local police if I don't make my payments. I WILL NEVER IN MY LIVING LIFE USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN OR REFER ANYONE TO THIS COMPANY EVER!!!!

I have filed a complaint with BBB and I suggest you do the same, I HOPE AND PRAY SOMEONE WITH A HEART READS THIS AND SEE HOW DECEPTLE THIS COMPANY IS and FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THEM.

They DONOT need to be in Business and companies like BOB's, ASHLEYS, and BERNIE & PHYYL's should be shameful for allowing such SCAMMERS to do business with. our message here

ExuberantHoneyBee

Yes this is year 2018 and they are still telling people that and still scamming!

I just got a basic matress , box sring, basic metal frame. No head board or anything else 8 months ago.

I gave 100 dollars down and 184.23 a month the total after taxes i was tols was 1,008.00 and that i only needed to make 8 payments to pay off that includes interest for renting it to own.. Ok fine.. Until the last payment i made the 8th payment mind you, my bank account got charged again. I started to look at the email from them and magically now it says i owe 6 more payments for a total of 14 payments..

I was like what the? So before next payment was due i told them to come and get the merchandise back, it still has plastic on it so no damage whatsoever.. So they say you are almost done paying this off you only owe 555 dollars left on it.. I am like what??

First i was told only 8 payments , then i was told 6 more with a whopping combined total of 2,679.22 dollars.. Now i only owe 555 dollars? Ok so then they say to help me out because i have nothing to pay this month they will refere my account to rent a center and get it dropped by half to help me out so i would only owe 277.50 that's all no interest.. And they will give me 6 months to pay it off at get this 120 a month..

Hahaha.. Like i am some kind of idiot.. 6 months at 120 a month is 720 dollars not 277.50.. I told them i appreciate the offer but no thank you..

Please come and pick it up.. We don't want to take your bed they keep saying but i keep telling them i don't want it please come and pick it up.. Now 9 days later they finally are supposed to send someone to come get it tomorrow or the next day because according to them they only schedule pickups on weekends which is funny because they are closed on the weekend.. So my advice on if you want to buy anything from them is make sure you are ready to pay triple what it is being marked up and sold for originally..

If you don't then don't go with them.. I just paid 1,573.84 for nothing.. No bed no nothing and that includes a 15 dollar a month club fee which you can't use for shinola.. To end up with nothing unless i want to pay another 720.00 which is just over double what originally was agreed on..

100% interest rate people.. Actually a bit more..

I don't even know if that is legal in CA.. But they are doing it regardless..

as mentioned earlier I'm also having issues called their customer care line they r closed on the weekends but the harassing phone calls keep coming and I was told this was a no interest program I have called Bob's customer care and explained the situation the lady I spoke to was very nice and said the whole thing is outrageous but there is nothing she can do but note my account I have to go thru acceptance now

I'm having the same problem I bought a couch set and a mattress for 2400 and when everything is said and done it's going to cost me almost 9000 i paid less for my car and if I'm a day late for my payment they start with harassing phone calls my phone my work and my references by only 1 day I've been paying for a yr now and not only paid for the furniture in full but 500 more

to nikki #1604378

I'm in the same predicament and giving up the furniture now, total loss!

My purchase of a 3 piece living room set and a 99.00 rug was 1199...They are charging me that plus fees and interest I just got it. With the final total being 2686.00 almost 3,000.00.

A total RIP off. The furniture is not worth all that.ive only had it a month and plan on giving it back because this is a scam.

I also had no idea it was renting

to Jeff #1604380

Same here

I dealt with this company thank God I’m done I was the same way that insurance you can’t use it the price of the furniture each time u make a payment you are recharged the tax every month if your total is 3000.00 each month you pay the same tax even though you paid it the first time. I don’t know if you know this but you sign a paper for arbitration which mean there will be a neutral person who would decide the case you can’t participate in a class action law suit against them