I'm not wanting to blame Bob's Discount Furniture because we love our couches, delivery was good, and the salesmen were super friendly...but, we feel scammed. Mega scammed.

Basically, we bought the McKenna two-piece set at a cost of $699. We decided to finance, as we are more easily able to handle monthly payments with our current financial situation. The salesmen mentioned something called Acceptance Now, told us that we'd essentially "rent" the couches, and would be able to have them paid off in total after three payments of $106 since we'd put about $300 down at the time of purchase. Well, turns out Acceptance Now will be making us pay $106 a month for a whole YEAR because only the teeny tiniest portion of each monthly payment goes towards the couches; the rest is just "fees" that they get to milk from us.

We've made three payments so far and, even after those and the $300 we put down, we were informed that we still owe a balance of $777.69! I'm considering letting them just repossess our nice couches because we cannot afford to pay $106 a month for the next nine months. The lease agreement is thoroughly confusing, and I just don't want to deal with it anymore. Man, did they leave out a LOT of information when signing us up.

Oh, and the Acceptance Now site doesn't show you remaining balance. We had to actually go to the store and ask what was left.

Product or Service Mentioned: Acceptance Now Furniture Leasing.

Reason of review: Being deceived .

Preferred solution: I don't expect a solution. Apparently that's just how Acceptance Now operates. I should have done my research. You all should stop scamming people. .

Comments

Hi, I work for Acceptance Now. This certainly isn't the type of experience we want anyone to have.

Whenever you have time, please give us a call at 1-800-422-8186.

We'd be more than happy to chat with you and see what we can do to help clear this up. Thank you!

@Anonymous

I just financed with them but reading the contract I feel like I've been duped big time.

Don't. Finance.

Furniture. End of story.

Meggie

Obviously a low-brow company - which does not really attract the finest of the finest - is a company to avoid, but something about your story isn't adding up. You said your two-piece set cost $699.

You put down $300. And then said you were told that three more payments of $106 ($318 total) would pay off your bill.

Huh? Even if it were same as cash, you can't possibly think anyone believes that a finance company told you that you could have the furniture for more than a $100 less ($699 + tax) by financing than if you paid straight cash.

@Meggie

They tell you 3 months with a 12% fee but,that is also a lie .I believe they think their customer base is to *** to calculate percentages.

Acceptance Now Reviews