Folsom, California

I was buying some living room furniture for my parents when Ashleys furniture was having a sale... The cost was $1000.

my mom mentioned wanting a new dining room set so I told her I would get her one as well but I would have to buy it in credit because I only had the $1000 cash for the living room... well RAC acceptance steps in and tells me a story about how I can buy it through them and I have 24 months to pay it off and although the dining room set cost $500 when I would pay it off they would send a report to the credit bureau that I paid off almost 2 grand. I'm trying to build up my credit so I thought it was a great idea... ***, why not put the living room furniture on that as well!!!

so I open 2 accounts with them, one for the living room $1000 and one for dining room $500. pay around $275 deposit for both accounts... since I had the $1000 in cash I thought ok, ill deposit it into my bank and pay the whole thousand on epay.. yea right when you make an account online they have preset amount of $221...

so for 6 months I make payments of $221. so that's $1326. plus the $275 deposit equals $1601. so before my 7th payment was due I counted up all my payments and thought "hmmm...

I already paid more than what I originally purchased the furniture for"... So I call them to ask what my remaining balance is.. and they tell me that for the dining set I owe $449 and for living room $899.... basically out of 1600 i paid, only 150 went towards my actual payments...

I went to the store to sort this out and pay off the balance so that I wouldn't get screwed out of thousands more... I politely asked the RAC manager where my money went that I had been paying and she kept jumping around in circles.... she showed me some paper with a bunch of numbers on it that I initialed saying that that's the paper explaining my "purchase options" and basically that I was paying to LEASE the furniture. and then she has the nerve to point out my attitude....

honey, if you got screwed out of $1350 I'm sure your attitude would have been the same if not worse, I kept it PG when I could have caused a scene. so out of the $221 monthly payments I was making... only a bout 35 bucks was going towards my actual balance. this company is a sad business..

making money by ripping people off...

NEVER doing business with them again, or with ASHLEYS FURNITURE... and all my friends/relatives have already heard about this and will never go there either.

Product or Service Mentioned: Acceptance Now Manager.

Comments

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!! THEY ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST COMPANY TO "LEASE FROM".

RENT A CENTER, AND WHY NOT LEASE IT, AND AARONS AT LEAST HAVE A SAME AS CASH PAYOFF PROGRAM AND A MUCH BETTER PERCENTAGE DOES GOES TOWARDS PRINCIPAL. THIS PLACE DOES NOT PUT ANYTHING TOWARDS THE PRINCIPAL.

IT'S RIDICULOUS. PAYING THEM OFF ASAP AND WILL NEVER EVER DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN.

I am going thru the same experience with my furniture purchase and i only bought two queen matress sets that were supposed to be only 1600 and i have now paid 1900 and they are telling me that my bill is still 700 and some cents. When i asked the person on the phone why my bill is only going down 30 or 40 bucks a month he basically told me we are in the business of making money we dont check your credit and its in the best interest of the client to pay the balance in full in the first 3 months of the purchase to not be paying 3 times what it is worth.

I have had a similar experience. In December, I owned 1794.00, I made every payment which was 146.00 a month.

I also paid online which is preset at 146.00 so I cannot pay anything additional. I called in May and I was told I own 1689.02. What....? So since December only a 105.00 went to this bill.

When I ask questions that I believe any reputable manager would know, I get the run a round.

Listen folks, this place is a total rip off. If you are in Dayton, Ohio do not make a purchase with Ashley Furniture and RAC Acceptance,

#811973

Hi, I work with RAC Acceptance and I’m so sorry to read about your recent experience with us. The service you have described is definitely not how we like to do business at all.

I absolutely recommend getting in touch with us directly at 1-800-422-8186 so we can look into this issue and determine a resolution as soon as possible. Thank you.

@Jana

Jana there is no resolution to this problem. The program was not explained correctly to me and I have been paying 180 a month for eight months, with a very minimal amount coming off of the principal.

It's the absolute worst program out there. I can understand why furniture distributors are getting rid of the program. Nothing but complaints about all the ripoffs.

It's an absolute disgrace the way this company takes advantage of people with inadequate credit.

Acceptance Now Reviews