Had a very bad experience with RAC Acceptance Now at Gaithersburg, MD, when we went to Ashley Furniture. They advertised no interest if paid in 90 days.

Turns out, they charge you monthly rentals within those 90 days, plus you pay $12.50 for liability waiver, and another $12.50 for a Benefits Plus membership which you don't really need because Ashley charges $150 for a 5-year warranty. It should have been optional but they tell you it's required on the first month, and as long as you tell them you don't want them anymore after 30 days, they won't charge you again. Of course we explicitly told them to remove those two, come to find out, we were charged 3 months worth of liability waiver because we paid 1/3 of the financed amount (thinking we'd divvy up the payments into 3 and pay out before the 90 days). We cannot wait to pay it out and get rid of them.

So, if you can help it, DO NOT by all means, be persuaded to finance via Acceptance Now. They fool you in thinking about the early-purchase option but really, it is a monthly rental. They charge 10% interest that goes in the monthly rental, and the thing is, even if you plan to pay out before the 90 days is up, you still end up paying 10% interest into the 2 months rental. They do not explain the contract with you enough, and the 10% according to them is verbal.

It is not written anywhere in the contract explicitly, it is already included in the monthly rental schedule. YOU WASTE MONEY. Their contract is shady, their staff at this branch are all incompetent and untrained. They can tell you one thing when you're at the store and tell you another the next month.

They are not BBB accredited, you're better off just using an Ashley credit card (at least they offer deferred payments if paid in 6 or 12 months). STAY AWAY FROM ACCEPTANCE NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

Hello, I work for Acceptance Now. We’re sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience at the Gaithersburg, MD store.

We would really like to speak with you about it and see what we can do to help.

Would you mind giving our Customer Care team a call at 1-800-422-8186? Thank you.

@Anonymous

I appreciate you calling me today and crediting the $41 of liability waiver that was charged to me when I paid more than the rental amount due for the month of August. That was one of the things that I was not happy about and that the staff at Gaithersburg insisted that there is nothing that can be done about it, but I'm glad, that you were able to credit it.

I just had the same problem now they are saying i pay the tavle all over again

Acceptance Now Reviews