South Portland, Maine

I purchased a bed last year through Bob's and went through their "ACCEPTANCE NOW" program. The bed turned out to be faulty ,as the screws kept coming loose on the bed.

I contacted Bob's and the Local Manager met with me. I explained my story and he stated that his district mgr would be in town the following week and asked me to come in and explain my story. I met with both Mangers and an acceptable deal was worked out. At this point I thought it was in my favor.

I checked my credit a few months later and noticed that ":ACCEPTANCE NOW" had reported that I was 30 days late on a payment. I immediately contacted the Manager who was involved in the earlier deal. He acknowledged that I had never missed a payment. He also stated that he would make sure that my credit was squared away.

It is now 8 months after the initial statement that the black mark would be removed from my credit. Guess What??? I just talked with a lady in the credit department who said she would remove it, but it may not show on my credit for another 30 days. I am on disability.

My credit is bad, due to medical bills that i incurred following a stroke.

":ACCEPTANCE NOW" is designed for those with a bad credit history. In my case, they only helped to make it worse, and are continuing to do so 8 months after the fact.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bed.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

#1199653

Hi there, I work for Acceptance Now. We'd be happy to look into your account further and see if there's anything we can do to help clear things up.

Please give our customer service team a call at 1-800-422-8186 whenever you get a chance. Thank you.

Acceptance Now Reviews