When I entered into my lease with Acceptance Now, while in the store (HH Gregg) I set up my payments to be automatically drafted out of my checking account so that I wouldn't have to worry about being late on the payments. I use my checking account because my account is set up with Text Alerts from my bank so that if I were to have something presented for payment that I didn't have enough money in the account to cover it, I will receive a text from my bank alerting me to make a deposit before the end of business.

When the first payment didn't come out, they said it was returned for insufficient funds. I told them that that was impossible. So, I thought that maybe the girl had made an error when she entered my account info. No problem, I checked the account myself online and I could not set up automatic drafts because it said that it had to be authorized in the store.

So, I went to the store with a screen shot of the message I got online. The girl said she would fix it. Four months later it is still not fixed and they called me saying that my payments were returned for insufficient funds. I have told them REPEATEDLY that that was impossible because of how my account is set up with my bank and I've never gotten an alert for any of their payments.

They added three insufficient funds fees to my account saying that the bank had returned my payments, which was a lie. I went to the store and called my bank while sitting with the customer service rep and the bank verified that there has NEVER been anything presented for payment from Acceptance.

I refused to pay the returned check fees because there was NEVER anything returned to them. I have done all that I can do on my part to insure that my payments are made timely by setting up automatic drafts but Acceptance has lied repeatedly and obviously has a problem somewhere on their end with submitting ACH transactions.

Product or Service Mentioned: Acceptance Now Leasing.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Hello, I work for Acceptance Now. We'd definitely like to look into your account further and see if there's something we can do to help.

Would you please give our customer service team a call at 1-800-422-8186 so that we can get more information from you? Thank you.

Acceptance Now Reviews