1260 Smallwood Dr, Waldorf, MD 20603, USA
1.8

I was denied credit with Ashley Furniture then promptly led over to a desk INSIDE the store for second chance financing. This was Acceptance Now.

I was told that if I paid my contract within ninety days, I would not pay INTEREST. The word "LEASING" was NEVER mentioned. Sure it's probably in the contract, but when you have a representative who is explaining what each form is, who actually reads? I KNOW I should have sat there and read each line, my mistake.

I have learned a valuable lesson. On the 87th day when i was trying to make a payment (ANOTHER CHAPTER BY ITSELF), that on the 90th day i would lose over half the money invested because "LEASING" fees would kick back in. Furthermore the representative was extremely rude because i was on the phone with customer service when he returned. Therefore they knew he had left the store desk unattended for an extended period.

Thank God he did otherwise I wouldn't have had to go into the store and would not have found out that I was about to lose about $400. Since the customer service representative continued the ruse by telling me my payment would bring down the principal and I would just be paying the interest on the balance.

I own the furniture now which is some crap that I could have financed elsewhere for much less. I will be filing a consumer complaint immediately

Product or Service Mentioned: Acceptance Now Furniture Leasing.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments