Jacksonville, Florida
4.6K views

I am writing this complaint to shed light on the false information that Acceptance Now has been giving me, Melvin Blackwell, during the course of our business arrangement. In April of 2014 I was able to secure a business arrangement with Rooms to Go through their Acceptance Now program.

The cost would be 206.49 dollars per month on the first of the month. October 2014 was my last payment that I made to Rooms to Go Acceptance Program. In October, I walked into Store number 6024 which is at 11030 Philips Hwy at Jacksonville Florida 32256 and a colleague by the name of Patricia has informed me that during the course of my business arrangement with them that I can postpone up to three payments to the end of the loan. My plan was to pay off the entire living room set in February of 2015 to close the loan totally.

My last payment was in October of 2014 which would mean that my next payment would be on November 01, 2014 and this payment would not be required at this time for it is pushed to the end of the loan.I spoke to Patricia once more in November and asked if I can duplicate the arrangement that I set up in October for my November 01, 2014 for the payment on Dec 01, 2014 and she had no issues with that due to the fact that I would be paying off everything in February of 2015 regardless. This second arrangement would bring me to a payment date of January 01, 2015. During the course of my second request that Patricia authorized I have been receiving countless calls from several colleagues of the store asking for payment despite the fact that this arrangement had been set. I have received calls from Patricia and another colleague by the name of William who was identified to me as a manager countless times.

My last call came from Scott Bunkosky, district manager, who informed me that I can be placed in a program that would reduce my payments. Apparently the store closed this option on January 2015. Scott Bunkosky gave me two options. Pay or have furniture taking away.

Lack of professionalism and lack of customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Acceptance Now Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Acceptance Now Cons: Customer service, Lies told to me.

Comments

Hi, Melvin, I work with Acceptance Now and I’m truly sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. We always want to make sure our customers are well taken care of and completely informed about all of the terms and conditions of their contracts so what you’ve described is certainly concerning.

We’d like to speak with you directly in order to get some more details and see what we might be able to do to help make things right, so please give us a call at 800-422-8186 as soon as you get a chance. Thank you.

#1019129
@Jana

This place is a joke - they claim to want to assist people who have poor credit but what they are doing is keeping you down. How is it possible to start out with a debt of 3000 and a year later they tell u that in order to close the acct another 2500 is needed on top of the 4,000 u have already paid.

The sad part is that even store managers are baffled with my situation and can't give me answers and their so called DM tells me that he can make a deal and accept another 1,000 but can't give me a professional educated response on why another 1,000 is needed.

... I'm now waiting for the RM to contact me - its been a week!!!

Acceptance Now Reviews