I paid $1200 for some furniture that which my total was $1348 before my 90 days and they called me this month stating i owe $1598..with a small balance of owing $148...

Product or Service Mentioned: Acceptance Now Furniture Leasing.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

I will be contacting a lawyer regarding acceptance now's fraudulent activity. I purchased 2 pieces of furniture from Bob's Discount, which turned out to be HORRIFIC QUALITY- I cannot even believe that they are still in business after the rest of the complaints I've been reading.

I bought a dresser whose drawers won't stay shut and a dining table that is wobbly, with a leaf that doesn't match up properly, and varnish that is bubbling up and peeling off. Since I didn't buy any warranty, I tried to suck it up and deal with it, but now, after paying the original loan of $1600 down to $900, Acceptance Now is trying to tell me that I now owe $1500. The customer svc reps are incredibly rude and no help at all- the one girl even was laughing. They shuffled me around to people who kept shuffling me back to the last person I spoke with.

I am contacting the BBB as well as a lawyer to see if maybe the 1293 other complaints that I found and myself can start a class action suit.

This is unacceptable behavior for any company. Not only will I never purchase from Bob's or utilize acceptance now again, I will make it a priority that I pursue further action and try to dissuade other VICTIMS from utilizing this service.

This company is a BIG RIP OFF. When I purchased my furniture from Ashley Furniture, I was asked if I wanted to apply for credit with the store, so I said sure.

The representative went on to tell me that was approved for $2,000 credit, and that I would be paying $250 a month. About a month ago, I called to inquire about my balance since it has been almost a year and I was certain that I should be done paying for my furniture. I was told that since I did not pay for my furniture in full prior to 90 days of purchase, I am now paying interest. This made no sense to me at all.

This was not how it was explained to me at the time of my purchase. Now I will be paying almost double for my furniture.

A class action lawsuit needs to be filed against this company.

Hello, I work for Acceptance Now. We're sorry to hear about the confusion.

If you'll please give our customer service team a call at 1-800-422-8186, we'd like to look into your account and see if there's any way we can clear this up. Thank you.

Hello author,

I am preparing a collective action against Acceptance Now for this type of deceptive/misleading business practice. The 90-Day Same a Cash should be just that.

"Club fees", "Optional insurance", online accounts that only allow you to make payments--all of this points to intentionally deceptive practices that I believe cross an ethical business practice line.

I am working with other customers who have had similar experiences to officially investigate the legitimacy of Acceptance Now financing practices. I can be reached at howsem06@gmail.com.

Avishai
@Anonymous

I had the same experience I also called them so they can pick up the furniture from 1200 I financed only 1 payment left they change my total amount from 198 to 1,100 more so a total of 2,300

Avishai