Hudson, Texas

So I called to make a payment over the phone. I let the young lady know I was paying my bill and that I would like my balance.

So after I have paid the bill, she tells me my balance was $1800. How? I've been paying on the merchandise for 5 months. She couldn't explain so she sent a message for someone to call me.

So I get the phone call and asked how I still owed so much. I was told that only $12 of my $210 payment was going towards my principle and that if I continued to make that payment, I would actually end up paying $6000 for the merchandise. When I discussed this program upon purchasing I was not told the leasing fees would be the majority of the payment nor was it written in my contract. Fortunately, I kept all my paperwork.

I have spoken with a lawyer and this will be reviewed. I understand that many of us using this option may have credit issues but a program that promotes that they help get you the things you need without the worry of high payments is not really doing the job when barely 5% of your payment is going towards the principle. How is this a credit building program?

Your program needs to be revamped and the true and entire gist of the program needs to be exposed. This program is highway robbery.

Product or Service Mentioned: Acceptance Now Leasing.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

I used to work for Anow and this is explained to you with the quote we give you before reading. Customers be so in a rush to get merchandise they fail to listen and then complain after words.

@Anonymous

Not the case. I sat in that office for nearly 5 hrs.

I also shopped around. It was not explained that 95% of your monthly payment would be leasing fees. I would like to think that if known, this program wouldn't have survived. Who in their right mind would agree to that.

I agree some are rushing but trust I wasn't one. As I spoke with Brandi from Anow, all she could say is I understand, if you would like you can come to the store and we can see what we can do to assist you. If your program isn't flaud, what are you trying to assist with. Is it customary for employees to suggest to the customer to use their income tax to pay off their bill?

That is what Brandi said to me. I understand your loyalty to this company even after you have left their employment.

Kudos, but I know this was not explained to me.

R/

Notahappyretiree

@Anonymous

This program is not for everyone. We are a rent to own company so you are paying a renting fee every month that is why only $20 is going to the merchindise.

I also can understand if it was not explained because some sales Representative are just trying to close a deal even tho they don't get paid off commission.

I had plenty of customers with same issue. That's why try to ask as many questions at the end of the day it is your money.

Hello, I work for Acceptance Now. We certainly don't want you to feel mislead about your payments and would like to see if we can help clear things up and address any concerns.

Would you mind giving our Customer Care team a call at 1-800-422-8186, when you get the chance? Thank you.

Ethelyne

I forgot to mention, I asked several times what the interest or leasing rate was and was NEVER PROVIDED AN ANSWER.

Acceptance Now Reviews