New Orleans, Louisiana

I made a purchase thru the program, my second time around. My first purchase went thru smoothly.

90 days same as cash. Now with my second purchase, after I explained to the representative that I wanted to make my purchase the same way. Now it's time for me to make my last payment and there is a 12% mark up included in the purchase price. There is no written verbiage on the contract stating that it will be a 12% increase and the mark up is not listed on my receipt.

Acceptance Now is located in the ValueCity store in Northlake IL. When I inquired why is the purchase price 12% more the Acceptance Now representative stated the program changed and that Value City marks up the purchase price if you use the program. I spoke to a manager at Value City furniture in Northlake Il who stated that Value City doesnt charge an extra 12%. Acceptance Now is very deceptive and are cheating consumers out of their hard earned monies.

My merchandise is $1469.00 before taxes. The total amount should be 1616.00. Ive paid $556.00 toward the merchandise and they are only giving me credit for about $286.00. I owe 1060.00 they are charging me $1336.00 due to the 12% mark up which is not legitimate.

For anyone about to use Acceptance Now DONT. I have informed Value City, I believe they are aware with the procedure, but they wont admit that they are aware of it.

I am seeking legal assistance for this matter. I am tired of these big corporations stealing and deceiving working class people

Product or Service Mentioned: Acceptance Now Furniture Leasing.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Acceptance Now Pros: Same day response.

Acceptance Now Cons: Being lied to to entice me to make a purchase.

Comments

Hi there, I work for Acceptance Now. We can certainly understand your frustration and would really like to get in touch with you in order to see what we can do to help.

Please give our customer service team a call at 1-800-422-8186 as soon as you have a chance. Thanks and we look forward to speaking with you.

Acceptance Now Reviews