Olympia, Washington

On August 31, 2014, I purchased $2167.98 dollars worth of furniture. I was never told about the 90 day same as cash and was never informed that the interest was worth 300% more than the price of the furniture.

I was also told that I had to have the benefits plus program. I've been paying $214 dollars a month for 22 months and it's only taken just over $700 off the cost of the furniture. The first 90 days full amount went towards the purchase which was $642.00 and since then another hundred or so dollars. To date I have paid this company $5,138.18 in which they say that I still owe $1,350.42.

This is predatory lending at it's best. I have tried to resolve the issue with the store. I posted a review online and the national company asked me to contact them. I did immediately and the national center has not returned the call.

I've called at least 8 time and each time, the customer service rep, said that they were escalating it to the next level. The store manager said that she was so sorry that I was not given the correct information and mislead, but she wasn't there when I first made the purchase, so she could help by removing the voluntary benefits plus plan that I was told was mandatory, a one time adjustment of $14.95. She said that so many people were mislead by that store and she wished that she could help. I paid for that for 21 months at 14.95 a month.

Then the manager said that she would talk to the regional manager, and I would hear back from the regional manager the next day. That was on July 3rd. I have called the store several more times since and still have not heard from the regional manager. What I want is to keep my furniture.

I have paid for it twice already.

Product or Service Mentioned: Acceptance Now Furniture Leasing.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: My debt paid in full. I've already paid for it twice..

Comments

#1195309

The same thing happened to me. They never never told me that the credit was through rent a center, which is the same thing as the 90 days is the same as cash.

The amount they allowed me was $1144.00 for a mattress set. I to date have paid well over $2000.00 dollars. I have since retired and receive a social security check.

I cannot afforded to pay this rip off co. Any longer I have paid twice what this merchandise was worth.

#1193292

If you call the number they are just going to refer the case to the district manager.

#1191865

Hello, I work for Acceptance Now. We'd be happy to look into your account further and see if there is anything we can do to address your concerns.

Please reach out to our customer care team at 1-800-422-8186 whenever you get the chance. Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you.

Acceptance Now Reviews