Corpus Christi, Texas

I too have a major issue with acceptance now. We purchased a $1700 mattress from Ashley's.

turned out the mattress was defective. The process for the return put us past the 90 day mark. Which according to their contract which I am having an attorney look into should be illegal due to print size and lack of full disclosure. Doubles the price of the purchase.

We had a major run around with both Ashley and Acceptance. Renee of the Jacksonville store made a verbal contract with me to disregard the 90 day issue and apply our almost $800 at that point to the replacement mattress and return the box springs and credit us. Since that point she has left the company and the district manager or so he says he is Scott of the Jacksonville market was so vial rude and disrespectful that I would be embarrassed to have him work for me. Now understand I spent 25 years in retail and assisted in running 798 stores doing a net of over $400 million a year.

If I had someone in my employ like that his butt would be on the curb. The end result is Acceptance now says I owe over $1400 when according to the verbal contract we should be paid in full. If the *** Scott is reading this it is called the doctrine of respondent superior which means the company is responsinle for the acts of its employees.

Bad business that I will tell every client about and ask them to pass it along. Very disappointed in the treatment

Product or Service Mentioned: Acceptance Now Furniture Leasing.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Hi there, I work for Acceptance Now. We'd really like to look into your concerns further and see if there's anything we can do to help.

Please give our customer service team a call at 1-800--422-8186 as soon as you get the chance. Thank you.

#1 thing everyone knows. Read a contract before signing...

Verbal contracts don't take presidants over an actual contract with signatures.

For someone who has worked retail for so long and has done so well for themselves, you would think you would be smart enough to actually know what you are signing. Just because you had a bad experience because you didn't handle your problem in a timely manner doesn't mean you should come on to the Internet and try to slander a good company that gives people second chances or even chances at all to build their credit back up and get their lives back together.

So to ever else has had problems with this company should read and understand what you are putting your signature on.

Because this is no ones fault except your own. You're an adult take responsibility for your own actions, and grow up.

Acceptance Now Reviews