Mineral Wells, Texas

I bought a couch and a love seat from Ashley. I paid cash for one of them and financed the other through Acceptance Now so I wouldn't break the bank. I had the money but did not want to risk putting myself in *** of something major happened.

I got the approval and the manager was explaining the process, obviously I planned on going with the 90 day pay off option because anything else would have been paying 3x what the couch was worth. The guy told me that when the 90 days rolls around they send you a notice or call you and and ask if you want that option. I made the first two payments early and paid double that way when my 90 day came, it would be about the same amount left. The month before the 90 day mark, I was unable to pay online unless I scheduled it to auto pay. I wouldn't auto pay until July because that's when the next payment was due as I had paid extra.

I called the store and had issues with them being able to hear me on both my personal cell and my office phone. I made the double payment and asked the girl what my pay off amount would be and when my 90 day was. She told me the pay off would be $266 and some change. I called on the 3rd to try and pay off my balance but the guy couldn't understand me and my signal dropped. So again, I called on my office phone. He still could not understand me and his phone had a lot of background noise. At this point my lunch was over and my work cell and desk phones were both ringing and I was being called over the speaker because I had people in the lobby. I called the following day to try again, on my personal cell. He was having trouble hearing me so I was having to repeat a lot and getting frustrated as the common denominator is them. Then he told me that my balance was $600 something dollars.. I was pissed. He told me that my 90 day was the day before... You know... The day I tried twice to pay! He was the manager at the location and couldn't do anything. Gave me the customer care line-so I called them. Explained the situation. They were of no help either-they don't even have the ability to look up the accounts to answer any of your questions. She took down my info and said the District Manager would call me in 24-48 hours.

So now it looks like I waited days past the due date.

If I would have read the reviews prior to going to Ashley I would have just paid the cash on the second couch and risked putting myself in a bind! This is such a ripoff.

Product or Service Mentioned: Acceptance Now Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Hi there, I work for Acceptance Now. We can certainly understand your frustration and would really like to get in touch with you in order to see what we can do to help.

Please give our customer service team a call at 1-800-422-8186 as soon as you have a chance. Thanks and we look forward to speaking with you.

I agree they are a rip off

Acceptance Now Reviews