Augusta, Georgia

On 9/7/15 I purchased a bedroom set from Ashley Furniture and financed it through Acceptance Now, paying down twice the amount and declined their so call insurance. Every month I faithfully paid my agreement like I do all my bills. Ten or eleven months into my payments, I decided to make my payment online and saw a charge I was paying for but didn't know what it was. When I enquired, I was told it was insurance. The same insurance I declined on 9/7/15 when I financed my purchased. They had NO legal signed documentation from me accepting this insurance but took it upon themselves to charge me for it every month any way.

On 8/15/16, I told them I want me money back and reached out to the district manager who on that same day was no longer the district manager over the 216 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy store. However, she spoke to the store and told them to put in a check request for my refund after pulling my file and saw that my signature was NOT on their insurance form. The district manager them told me I would get the check within 3-4 weeks.

Well, let me tell you, it is not that easy getting what rightfully belongs to you and what they had NO legal authority or right to take.

On 9/13/16, I called the store enquiring of my refund and they had no answer for me. In fact, they were under the impression that I had already gotten my refund. I made several calls on a daily basis to the local store and corporate office and got NO answers from anyone from 9/13/16 all the way to 9/28/16 and still no refund. From opening tickets and sending numerous messages to both the district and regional managers who did not return calls. As for the regional manager, I NEVER received a return call from him. Do these people care? The answer is NO. The current district manager who promised to call, never did and I had to call her two days later and when I did, she didn't even remember who I was.

Since 8/15/16 to now, I'm still waiting for this to be resolved. Therefore, I DO NOT recommend this company to anyone. Honesty, loyalty and integrity is not part of who they are. They no nothing about doing what's right by their customers once they get and have your money. I will be filing a report with the BBB and the AGO.

This has been a very frustrating and stressful ordeal that I would not want anyone else to go through so beware and stay clear of this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Acceptance Now Manager.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Acceptance Now Cons: Illegal dishonest and lack of integrity.

Comments

#1222029

Hello, I work for Acceptance Now. We'd be happy to look into your account further and see if we can help clear things up.

Please give our customer service team a call at 1-800-422-8186. Thank you.

Acceptance Now Reviews