10.3K views

Went to rooms to go in Mid Feb to purchase a sofa and chair (cash). I ended up paying cash for the sofa and financed the chair through RAC finance on 90 days same as cash because I thought this was a perfect chance to have some on time positive payments on my credit. I wanted to simply pay it off the very next month. However the rep suggested that I make all 3 payments each month because they do not report to the bureaus until that 2nd payment is made.

From there, the rep asked me if I wanted my payments set for the 30th (first payment due on Feb 28) or set them up for the 15th (first payment due on March 15). I said 30th. When I received the paperwork, my payments were set up for the 15th. I asked why and the rep said, “oh I went ahead and set them up for the 15th that way, you will have more time to make your first payment.” I made a payment in March, April and May. Called Acceptance Now today and was just told that I am not paid in full because my 90 days was up on May 9….

According to the person on the phone…. She is the manager, she will not Retro, she will not let me speak to her manager and she will not give me the corp phone number. I’m a tad bit upset and taken advantage of right now because I feel like the rep completely got over on me. If she knew that I want 90 days same as cash and I kept stressing that, why would she set my payments up in a way that I will have to pay back interest. I also think that it was extra foul for her to insist that I set them up that way. Maybe she will get to pocket the back interest or perhaps she doesn’t earn credit with no interest accounts… IDK, but it is quite shady.

You would think that they would have the customer’s best interest at heart and treat them right. That’s the best way to get a repeat customer. I mean, had I been the rep, I’d say, “well mam in order for you to get the 90 days same as cash, you should not use the 15th because your 90 is up on May 9”

I thought the 90 days same as cash was a great deal and I was prepared to purchase a mattress and dresser for my three year old through them after the chair was paid for. Looks like using them is a bad idea and I should stay away.

I’m currently awaiting a call back from a district Manager. Hopefully they understand my frustration and help. I really wish my whole contract process would have been recorded.

Product or Service Mentioned: Acceptance Now Manager.

Preferred solution: Retro.

I liked: Rooms to go salesman.

I didn't like: Mislead, Payment arrangements, Due dates.

Comments

HelpCenter_PissedConsumer
BY ADMIN ON BEHALF OF THE COMPANY
If you want to complain about Acceptance Now, you can try to contact the Acceptance Now customer service department and share your issues, worries or Acceptance Now complaints. Please check out Acceptance Now Customer Service contact information in the article Top Acceptance Now Question.
#1619857

Oh I purchased a mattress set for my son and a dresser n nightstand and was wanting to do the 90 days same as cash. I put 100 down in April paid 500 in may and was gonna pay it off in July for them to tell me the pay off was way way more than it should have been.

Oh we are sorry but your 90 days were up on July 10th. So instead of my payments going towards it to be paid off it went towards the rental fees and that stupid benefits plus *** they say you have to pay. Which I think is so wrong. So now I still owe to pay it off over a thousand damn dollars which in fact it should be way less now but according to them 45% of my payments go to the rental damn part.

30% goes towards my pay off so where does the other 25% go.

Not only did I pay 500 in may but she broke it down into 2 monthly payments and said oh that's how its gotta be cause it's a little month to month payment. So yeah I'm not happy and I feel they are scamming people.

Call the home office.

So Acceptance Now is one of the worse credit you can make deal with after 90 days which they did not clearly explain or have it documented only written as soon as possible. Now I have to pay extra $3000 grand when the sales man clearly said my bill will not go over $3000 what rip offs.

I’ve had two agreements with Acceptance Now in the last few years (dining set and bedroom furniture) and paid both off within 90 days with no issue. As I am moving and want to get some new living room. Furniture, I already got my approval for a third go round.

Horrible experience...I typically float my money for 90 days, I was not told I had to purchase the insurance, and then charged an additional 12.00 per month for some "club" that is mandatory to protect their interest. I asked for it to be removed and they couldn't remove it, so an extra 22.00 on top of payment.

Additionally the couch I purchased was defective prior to the first payment. I was told it was not like that when delivered, and some guy named Juan would fix it.

I have been with a defective couch for 3 weeks and have had it for 4 weeks. Lets file suit, I am a Paralegal.

to Anonymous #1600550

Yaaay! Good for you!

I hope yoir issue gets taken care of. They told me nothing of the "club plan" and I did not sign up for it,but I'm being charged for it. I lost my job and let them know when my 2nd payment was due. No more nice people, I'm being treated poorly.

I do hope you post an update with your issue.

Id love to hear what happens. Not happy consumer

to Anonymous #1600553

Being a paralegal, is there any way a class action suit can be filed? Im quite sure many would sign up. Not sure who to go about it, but surely you know.

Thanks for these reviews. I feel like I dodged a bullet.

to Anonymous #1580352

You did dude

I’m sorry this happened to you. I was actually told by the Acceptance Now employee that if you pay the “lease” off in 90 days their company does not make any money.

In my case they will walk away with $4000 profit if I don’t pay within the 90 days. I’m going to pay off the rest of my loan today l( I’m still within the 90 days).

They refused to take more than 4 payments Friday. Only this time I’m involving the media.

to Nursepampam #1600552

Good for you!!! Expose them!

People like myself, not perfect credit, get sucked into places like this because they claim to offer "90 days same as cash" and its a scam.

I hope your issue goes well. Unhappy consumer

How hard is it to count 90 days?

if you want to know when your 90 days ends grab a calander and count 90 days from the day you sign paperwork. Also read your contract for the day it ends. It is your responsibility to make sure you meet it.

Yes I call for make my first 3 month deal is suppose $330.00 and the rep tell me she can't accept the $330.0o I thinks is a trick for not compliance with the 3 month pay full.

Hollywood, Florida, United States #1338160

Is there a way we can file a class action lawsuit against this company? They are straight scammers and it's time for something to be done....overly pissed!!!

to Anonymous #1384440

Oh yes. Another crying, whining deadbeat who just can't stand the consequences they brought upon themselves by not paying on time! Wailing about a class action lawsuit is always a dead giveaway of the low class of habitual deadbeats you're dealing with!

to Anonymous #1391347

Maybe you are not understanding or maybe you work for Acceptance Now. These are not deadbeats.

These are people that were given wrong information by Acceptance Now on the payoff dates and /or their payments were refused right up to the 90 day payoff deadline. They are already upset , how about saving the insults and not adding to their injury? Just because it’s not you this time doesn’t mean it won’t be you or someone close to you next time.

There obviously is an issue with the company, and this will be public information soon. So glad you don’t have to worry about picking sides.

to Nursepampam #1462745

I was told 280 a month went to make a payment and was told almost 400, they can come and take wrong *** back even. we paid for a power base with message and wave all we got is raise the head and feet .

to Anonymous #1601272

Rent to own and leasing has been a capitalistic overcharging scam since it's inception... always has been basically free money for the companies...

have I leased something?... have I overpaid?... absolutely. Have I been screwed by it...

yes... When a company targets a certain marketshare, and because of there situations forces them to overpay in a way that is detrimental to the customer, that is without a doubt predatory marketing at its best. Refering to them as habitual deadbeats is the kind of ignorant and unethical behavior that these companies have become famous for.

Customers are the centerpoint of business and when you disrespect them verbally or financially you get what you deserve; whether the lost business or a lawsuit because of lack of business best practices. At some point the prey is victorious over the predator.