11K views

Went to rooms to go in Mid Feb to purchase a sofa and chair (cash). I ended up paying cash for the sofa and financed the chair through RAC finance on 90 days same as cash because I thought this was a perfect chance to have some on time positive payments on my credit. I wanted to simply pay it off the very next month. However the rep suggested that I make all 3 payments each month because they do not report to the bureaus until that 2nd payment is made.

From there, the rep asked me if I wanted my payments set for the 30th (first payment due on Feb 28) or set them up for the 15th (first payment due on March 15). I said 30th. When I received the paperwork, my payments were set up for the 15th. I asked why and the rep said, “oh I went ahead and set them up for the 15th that way, you will have more time to make your first payment.” I made a payment in March, April and May. Called Acceptance Now today and was just told that I am not paid in full because my 90 days was up on May 9….

According to the person on the phone…. She is the manager, she will not Retro, she will not let me speak to her manager and she will not give me the corp phone number. I’m a tad bit upset and taken advantage of right now because I feel like the rep completely got over on me. If she knew that I want 90 days same as cash and I kept stressing that, why would she set my payments up in a way that I will have to pay back interest. I also think that it was extra foul for her to insist that I set them up that way. Maybe she will get to pocket the back interest or perhaps she doesn’t earn credit with no interest accounts… IDK, but it is quite shady.

You would think that they would have the customer’s best interest at heart and treat them right. That’s the best way to get a repeat customer. I mean, had I been the rep, I’d say, “well mam in order for you to get the 90 days same as cash, you should not use the 15th because your 90 is up on May 9”

I thought the 90 days same as cash was a great deal and I was prepared to purchase a mattress and dresser for my three year old through them after the chair was paid for. Looks like using them is a bad idea and I should stay away.

I’m currently awaiting a call back from a district Manager. Hopefully they understand my frustration and help. I really wish my whole contract process would have been recorded.

Product or Service Mentioned: Acceptance Now Manager.

Preferred solution: Retro.

I liked: Rooms to go salesman.

I didn't like: Mislead, Payment arrangements, Due dates.

Comments

I agree same thing happened to me. I purchased from them in the past and paid off my furniture within 90 days.

This time I bought a bed advertised for 2300. I wasn’t able to pay off the 2300 in the 3 months due to other issues that cam up and now I’m stuck with paying them 5000 for a bed that’s not worth 5000! It’s a nice set but I’ve bout furniture for years and have never paid 5000 regardless of the own in 90 days or not! It’s like the my advertise something and if you can’t pay in 90 days you have to pay additional money for what reason.

I am actually going to speak with them because I have paid 2400 so far but still have 2700 left to pay! Not cool at all!!

Reeeaaddddd the contract people... My fiancé is trying to build his credit and we just moved so duh, applying was a no brainer...

We went to Bob’s and got living room/bedroom furniture... Was kinda pissed that delivery HAD to be added onto the sale, but that’s besides the point... While the guy that kept asking “am I talking too fast” was giving the spiel I was combing over the fine details of the loan... It CLEARLY spells out that the 90 day option had ADDITIONAL FEES...

I believe it was 10% of the purchase price, but I'm not 1000% sure. But it does make sense when you REALLY think about it right?? A credit card that holds a balance for 90 will still accrue interest until it's paid in full, will it not?? Acceptance Now is CREDIT...

ALWAYS READ YOUR CONTACT...

People in retail will say whatever you need hear to get you to buy, so that they reach their sales/credit/warranty goal for the day. Believe me, I know I was an assistant manager of a well know jewelry chain for years lol

to Anonymous #1694030

Damn, You sure you don't work for them?

to Anonymous #1703181

"You must work for them" "Things happen in life" "They won't work with me" "Not everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouth." Typical serial dead beats and/or people who don't read what they signed love to use these retorts when comment doesn't match their lame narrative. The above advice is spot on.

READ the contract and be prepared to execute it. If it says pay in 90 days, PAY IN 90 days or be ready for a huge balance.

to Anonymous #1699360

That’s good to know and thanks because I’m trying to figure out why my account went from 2300 to 5000!! But that’s a lot of interest etc.

I’ve bought so much and haven’t paid off in 90 days but never came to twice as much! I have come to the conclusion I will not buy from them again!

HelpCenter_PissedConsumer
On Behalf of Pissed Consumer Help Center
If you want to complain about Acceptance Now, you can try to contact the Acceptance Now customer service department and share your issues, worries or Acceptance Now complaints. Please check out Acceptance Now Customer Service contact information in the article Top Acceptance Now Question.
#1619857

Oh I purchased a mattress set for my son and a dresser n nightstand and was wanting to do the 90 days same as cash. I put 100 down in April paid 500 in may and was gonna pay it off in July for them to tell me the pay off was way way more than it should have been.

Oh we are sorry but your 90 days were up on July 10th. So instead of my payments going towards it to be paid off it went towards the rental fees and that stupid benefits plus *** they say you have to pay. Which I think is so wrong. So now I still owe to pay it off over a thousand damn dollars which in fact it should be way less now but according to them 45% of my payments go to the rental damn part.

30% goes towards my pay off so where does the other 25% go.

Not only did I pay 500 in may but she broke it down into 2 monthly payments and said oh that's how its gotta be cause it's a little month to month payment. So yeah I'm not happy and I feel they are scamming people.

to Jennifer #1691240

I'm paying 250 a month they taking a 100$ to there self been paying for furniture for 2 years now smh..

to Jennifer #1697001

Yes... they are scam...

I have fallen into their scam as well like you.. Iam paying TRIPLE the amount of what we’ve purchased..The furniture we got was around $2,700 and guess what?

we will be ended up paying, $6,000. And like the other people say here, they never really explained to you the WHOLE entail of it about the lease and how much you’ll be in debt if it falls on the lease agreement.

Call the home office.

So Acceptance Now is one of the worse credit you can make deal with after 90 days which they did not clearly explain or have it documented only written as soon as possible. Now I have to pay extra $3000 grand when the sales man clearly said my bill will not go over $3000 what rip offs.

I’ve had two agreements with Acceptance Now in the last few years (dining set and bedroom furniture) and paid both off within 90 days with no issue. As I am moving and want to get some new living room. Furniture, I already got my approval for a third go round.

Horrible experience...I typically float my money for 90 days, I was not told I had to purchase the insurance, and then charged an additional 12.00 per month for some "club" that is mandatory to protect their interest. I asked for it to be removed and they couldn't remove it, so an extra 22.00 on top of payment.

Additionally the couch I purchased was defective prior to the first payment. I was told it was not like that when delivered, and some guy named Juan would fix it.

I have been with a defective couch for 3 weeks and have had it for 4 weeks. Lets file suit, I am a Paralegal.

to Anonymous #1600550

Yaaay! Good for you!

I hope yoir issue gets taken care of. They told me nothing of the "club plan" and I did not sign up for it,but I'm being charged for it. I lost my job and let them know when my 2nd payment was due. No more nice people, I'm being treated poorly.

I do hope you post an update with your issue.

Id love to hear what happens. Not happy consumer

to Anonymous #1600553

Being a paralegal, is there any way a class action suit can be filed? Im quite sure many would sign up. Not sure who to go about it, but surely you know.

to Anonymous #1682016

What kind of paralegal could you be if you don't understand a basic concept like you have to pay things off during a promo period or you're in deep kimchi? I truly hope all you do is answer the phone and take papers someone else created to the courthouse to file.

No one with 1/10 of a legal brain wouldn't understand such a simple concept. To make you look sillier, you move on to a side complaint and try to act like that's a reason for not doing what you said.

Folks who don't have sense that fell for this mess are just here to be with a group of others like them For those who are thinking of trading with this or any other company, be sure to know what you're signing. Ask a lot of questions and be ready to leave that lovely bed and nightstand where it is and walk out of the store.

to Anonymous #1697007

Yes let’s. I don’t know how these establishment are even up and running. I don’t know how this is even legal to charge triple the amount of what people have purchased...

Thanks for these reviews. I feel like I dodged a bullet.

to Anonymous #1580352

You did dude

I’m sorry this happened to you. I was actually told by the Acceptance Now employee that if you pay the “lease” off in 90 days their company does not make any money.

In my case they will walk away with $4000 profit if I don’t pay within the 90 days. I’m going to pay off the rest of my loan today l( I’m still within the 90 days).

They refused to take more than 4 payments Friday. Only this time I’m involving the media.